website statistics

Taekwondo Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

uk12points

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Vojthas:

Am I getting this right - Wuxi Grand Slam Final isn't counted to the Olympic Ranking?

It does not count. There is a separate Grand Slam Ranking, which gives one Olympic quota per category. 5 quotas via Olympic Ranking 

34 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

It does not count. There is a separate Grand Slam Ranking, which gives one Olympic quota per category. 5 quotas via Olympic Ranking 

Aaaa, yes, I forgot about the place for Grand Slam. Thanks! (BTW, I thought I saw that Grand Slam qualifications are counted).

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Vojthas:

Aaaa, yes, I forgot about the place for Grand Slam. Thanks! (BTW, I thought I saw that Grand Slam qualifications are counted).

Yes grand slam qualification tournaments are counted for both rankings 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Are we 100% sure that if the Grand Slam winner is already qualified (top 5 in WR) the quota goes to the #6 in the ranking (and not to #2 in Grand Slam) ? I know the official document sounds like that but still this isn't like a 100% sure thing to me.

The highest ranked athlete in each weight category on merit points standing of WT Grand Slam Champions Series after the Grand Slam Champions Series of December 2019will qualify one (1) quota place each for their NOC for the Olympic Games.

and the part about re allocation

If the quota place was obtained throughthe WT Olympic Rankingor WT Grand Slam Champion Series, it will be reallocated to the NOC of the next highest ranked athlete in the same weight category based on the WT Olympic Ranking which reflected result until Grand Prix Final of December 2019

59 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Are we 100% sure that if the Grand Slam winner is already qualified (top 5 in WR) the quota goes to the #6 in the ranking (and not to #2 in Grand Slam) ? I know the official document sounds like that but still this isn't like a 100% sure thing to me.

The highest ranked athlete in each weight category on merit points standing of WT Grand Slam Champions Series after the Grand Slam Champions Series of December 2019will qualify one (1) quota place each for their NOC for the Olympic Games.

and the part about re allocation

If the quota place was obtained throughthe WT Olympic Rankingor WT Grand Slam Champion Series, it will be reallocated to the NOC of the next highest ranked athlete in the same weight category based on the WT Olympic Ranking which reflected result until Grand Prix Final of December 2019

yes, to me it's clear...the second part of your quote is absolutely explicit: whrever the 1st spot comes from, the reallocation comes through the WT Olympic Ranking...there's no mention at all of possible reallocation through the Grand Slam Series...

Just now, phelps said:

yes, to me it's clear...the second part of your quote is absolutely explicit: whrever the 1st spot comes from, the reallocation comes through the WT Olympic Ranking...there's no mention at all of possible reallocation through the Grand Slam Series...

yeah I get that but that paragraph comes from the section of "REALLOCATION OF UNUSED QUALIFICATION PLACES" like if someone withdraws the quota. it doesn't mention clearly what happens if the GS winner is already qualified. I know it sounds like that 99% because as you said there is no mention of the quota going to the next ranked athlete in GS but I was looking for something like 100% confirmation.