website statistics

Tennis Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Wanderer

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Shravan Kumar said:

As quotas will be decided on the basis of 7th June rankings, does that mean accumulation of ranking points started at Western & Southern Open?

Or will there be any other adjustment.

As far as I know....

- No adjustments in Qualification System, apart this change on date. But, there were a lot of adjustments in the Rankings to not harm the players

- I believe the points started counting from the first WTA event in August, in Palermo.

20 hours ago, Shravan Kumar said:

As quotas will be decided on the basis of 7th June rankings, does that mean accumulation of ranking points started at Western & Southern Open?

Or will there be any other adjustment.

Accumulation of ranking points started after Roland Garros 2019. For every player is the best result in tournaments between the first week of grass season last year until the tour finals (2019 and 2020) and normal results for tournaments played in 2021 until Roland Garros. So, Djokovic and Halep Wimbledon 2019 points count as well as Nadal and Andreescu Us Open 2019 points. So will Us Open 2020 points, but not Roland Garros 2020, as they will be replaced by Roland Garros 2021 before the cut. 

4 hours ago, NMQ said:

Accumulation of ranking points started after Roland Garros 2019. For every player is the best result in tournaments between the first week of grass season last year until the tour finals (2019 and 2020) and normal results for tournaments played in 2021 until Roland Garros. So, Djokovic and Halep Wimbledon 2019 points count as well as Nadal and Andreescu Us Open 2019 points. So will Us Open 2020 points, but not Roland Garros 2020, as they will be replaced by Roland Garros 2021 before the cut. 

Could you please provide the link or website which has these info if you have them. I couldn't find it. 

Edited by Shravan Kumar

31 minutes ago, Shravan Kumar said:

Could you please provide the link or website which has these info if you have them. I couldn't find it. 

https://www.itftennis.com/en/news-and-media/articles/revised-qualification-dates-announced-for-tokyo-2020/

Ranking works as I stated in the post.