website statistics

Tennis Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Wanderer

2 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Not surprising, he was one of the tennis players against the Olympics.

Is there a scandal I don’t know about?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Is there a scandal I don’t know about?

Not really, he's just been on record saying that he doesn't care for the Olympics.

Honestly, with no cash prize or even ranking points plus the rule that forces them to compete multiple Davis/Fed Cup matches there isn't much of an appeal for some players.

If they really don't want to play, they can at the very least fake some injury or something a couple of weeks before the start. Withdrawing like this, more than a year ahead, is just disrespectful to all those athletes who sacrifice everything to get to the Olympics.

#banbestmen

20 minutes ago, dcro said:

If they really don't want to play, they can at the very least fake some injury or something a couple of weeks before the start. Withdrawing like this, more than a year ahead, is just disrespectful to all those athletes who sacrifice everything to get to the Olympics.

Maybe the Zika virus will make an appearance in Japan :p

50 minutes ago, dcro said:

I disagree. Honesty wins a lot of points in my book and he's been quite honest: he does not care much for the Olympics and is not interested in going. Fine, better than pretending to want to go but fake some injury to get out of it. That is disrespectful.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

49 minutes ago, dcro said:

Problem is that the Tournament in Kitzbühel is at the same time. And Thiem said, that he wants to play in Kitzbühel. And this is sort of understandable, it's the biggest Tournament in Austria after all. So faking an injury and then playing in Kitzbühel doesn't look very good either.

Just now, heywoodu said:

I disagree. Honesty wins a lot of points in my book and he's been quite honest: he does not care much for the Olympics and is not interested in going. Fine, better than pretending to want to go but fake some injury to get out of it. That is disrespectful.

This is still like spitting on the food you never planned to eat. Calling Olympics swimming and athletics. Please.

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

This is still like spitting on the food you never planned to eat. Calling Olympics swimming and athletics. Please.

I'm not saying I like it, just that I think it's better than lying your way out of it. That's like telling your girlfriend her food is delicious but then excusing yourself and vomiting it out in the toilet as soon as possible.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm not saying I like it, just that I think it's better than lying your way out of it. That's like telling your girlfriend her food is delicious but then excusing yourself and vomiting it out in the toilet as soon as possible.

In b4 Bruna reads this. :p

#banbestmen