website statistics

Women's Softball Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Benolympique

22 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I loved it up there when I visited a few years ago. It is expensive though, so I feel bad for the smaller teams/NOCs

Yeah, the whole region is quite expensive, houses may be a lot cheaper relative to Vancouver, but most of them are pushing a million dollars each.

Road to Tokyo: WBSC reveals groups, schedule for WBSC Softball Asia-Oceania Qualifiers

The World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC) today revealed the groups and schedule for the Europe/Africa and Asia/Oceania qualification events for the Games of the XXXII Olympiad Tokyo 2020, following a live draw conducted at the WBSC headquarters in the Olympic Capital.

Now all the teams aiming to advance to Tokyo 2020 know their rivals, and the road to Tokyo 2020 is clear for everyone,” said WBSC Softball Chairman, Tommy Velazquez. “In the next months, the world will see the best softball nations competing for the Olympic dream, with only four berths available in the next Olympic Games. Good luck to everyone”.

WBSC Softball Asia/Oceania Qualifier

Group A: No. 8 China, No. 23 Korea, No. 13 Philippines and No. 11 New Zealand

Group B: No. 6 Chinese Taipei, No. 37 Indonesia and No. 42 Hong Kong and No. 7 Australia

The WBSC Softball Asia/Oceania Qualifier will be played in Shanghai, China, from 24-28 September.

The top six National Teams from the Asian Softball Cup final standings and the top two ranked National Teams from Oceania will play for the last spot in the softball competition in Tokyo 2020.

The host team, China, was seeded A1, while the top-ranked nation, Chinese Taipei, was placed as B1.

The 12-game opening round will be held from 24-26 September, with the top two teams of each group advancing to the Super Round carrying the result of the game played between each other.

The winning National Team will advance to Tokyo 2020.

Match Schedule

image.png

WBSC unveils schedule for Softball Americas Qualifier in Surrey

The World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC) today unveiled the schedule for the 12-nation WBSC Softball Americas Qualifier, which will be held in Surrey, British Columbia, Canada, from 25 August to 1 September.

The top two teams in the WBSC Softball Americas tournament in Surrey will qualify for the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, joining host Japan and USA as four of the six nations to be qualified for Tokyo 2020.

The qualifier will be played over eight days of competition and feature 42 games.

This international competition in Surrey will be one of the most important softball tournaments ever held in the Americas, granting two precious spots to the historic return of softball at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020,” said WBSC Softball Division Chairman, Tommy Velazquez.

Today the road to Tokyo is clear for our softball athletes across the Americas and what they need to accomplish to fulfil their Olympic dreams.

Following a five-day Opening Round, the top three squads from each group will advance to the Super Round.

Group A features world No. 3 Canada, No. 4 Puerto Rico, No. 17 Cuba, No. 18 Guatemala, No. 25 Argentina and No. 39 Bahamas

Group B includes No. 5 Mexico, No. 14 Brazil, No. 16 Venezuela, No. 19 Dominican Republic, No. 20 Peru and No. 57 British Virgin Islands

The two teams with the best overall records following the Super Round will earn qualification into the Olympic Softball tournament at the Tokyo 2020 Games.

The full schedule as well as all tournament information, including rosters, stats and standings of the WBSC Softball Americas Qualifier, will be found at the official tournament website.

https://olympicsoftball.wbsc.org/en/2019/e-2019-americas-softball-olympic-qualifier

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:USA TEAM UNITED STATES :USA

Monica Abbott (Pitcher)

Ali Aguilar (Infield)

Valerie Arioto (Infield)

Ally Carda (Pitcher/Infield)

Amanda Chidester (Catcher)

Rachel Garcia (Pitcher/Infield)

Hayley McCleney (Outfield)

Michelle Moultrie (Outfield)

Dejah Mulipola (Catcher)

Aubree Munro (Catcher)

Bubba Nickles (Utility)

Cat Osterman (Pitcher)

Janie Reed (Outfield)

Delaney Spaulding (Infield)

Kelsey Stewart (Utility)

Source: https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Softball/Team-USA/2020-Olympic-Team 

Edited by Topicmaster1010

• 5 months later...

Games schedule for Tokyo2020 is out:

90007848-44F6-438C-97B6-E040642F6F69.png

I have tickets to the JPN v. ITA match currently.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

20 minutes ago, bmo said:

Bummer... a USA game would have been nice.

JPN game trades better though :p I’m still not sure if I want to see that game, or a different event all together.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

22 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

JPN game trades better though :p I’m still not sure if I want to see that game, or a different event all together.

Good point. If I were u I would trade for a different sport. You can see softball any day of the week at colleges in the states.