website statistics

Modern Pentathlon Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Vojthas

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

"Most elite female athletes from the US and Europe would be ringing up their abortionist"? Lol, no.

1) They generally don't have 'their abortionist'

2) Most elite female athletes who are in her position in the athletic sense would be using birth control

3) I'm fairly sure, but this is an assumption, most elite female athletes with who birth control didn't work would sit out the Olympics instead of thinking "oh ok, abortion!".

I mean, we can have nonsense discussions all day long, but saying most in her position would just go for an abortion is just borderline bullshit.

1) True

2) Most likely

3) depends.

You can have a child whenever. You only get a few chances at a gold medal. I think in a non-Olympic year, most female athletes would have the kid, but in an Olympic year...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Edward Fernon has been selected to compete in the Men’s Modern Pentathlon competition for :AUS. Also, unfortunate timing for Chloe Esposito who will not defend her title. Family is #1 though.

Well I haven't any data -I doubt there is any public data - but I am not the only one to note that many prominent female athletes seem to have decided that a (male ) husband and  children isn't for them

7 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

1) True

2) Most likely

3) depends.

You can have a child whenever. You only get a few chances at a gold medal. I think in a non-Olympic year, most female athletes would have the kid, but in an Olympic year...

Yeah, most female athletes would focus on the Olympics and like anyone who doesn't think it's the right time for a child (yet) use birth control. In the rare case where that doesn't work, I really, really don't think a majority would almost literally throw away their future child. Going all "well most Europeans and Americans would just do that" borders on the insane. Then again, we know it was coming from someone who is generally posting not much else than how much everything is always the fault of every other part of the world except his (more specially, the big bad West), we're probably giving it way too much 'credibility' by even responding like this. Sorry.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

IMHO..... 

Can we say an Elite Athlete can and should make their own choice... If a women who has worked her heart out to be an elite sportsperson takes a choice to either have or not have a baby it should be their choice and frankly all of us should stay the heck out of it 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Then again, we know it was coming from someone who is generally posting not much else than how much everything is always the fault of every other part of the world except his (more specially, the big bad West), we're probably giving it way too much 'credibility' by even responding like this. Sorry.

Well, talking about that, it was said by someone from a country, where the selective abortion is common when a child appears to be a girl.

20 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Well, talking about that, it was said by someone from a country, where the selective abortion is common when a child appears to be a girl.

I don't how much you know about India. But saying that this is common is just a joke. I agree that this problem still exists in India but it has been improving significantly in most parts of the country. India is a huge Nation, so eradicating a issue is not so easy as in most countries.

14 minutes ago, Shravan Kumar said:

I don't how much you know about India. But saying that this is common is just a joke. I agree that this problem still exists in India but it has been improving significantly in most parts of the country. India is a huge Nation, so eradicating a issue is not so easy as in most countries.

Yes, maybe I overrated it - I forgot India is over a billion people nation, still the numbers I found (about 50 thousand) do make a strong impression here in Europe. Whatever liberal people think about abortion, such a kind of it is frightening for us.

4 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Yes, maybe I overrated it - I forgot India is over a billion people nation, still the numbers I found (about 50 thousand) do make a strong impression here in Europe. Whatever liberal people think about abortion, such a kind of it is frightening for us.

It doesn't amount to something around 0.00004 percent of the population. 

I am not sure where you got the data. 

The figure you are mentioning is in 20 million births in 2019.