website statistics

Rhythmic Gymnastics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Gianlu33

shameful decision in the Italian team...

despite having won all the direct matchups (last one, this weekend at the Italian Nationals) against Alexandra Agiurgiuculese and being the best among our girls in the international competitions earlier this year, Sofia Raffaeli has been left home by our coaches...

in the individual event in Tokyo, Milena Baldassari and Alexandra Agiurgiuculese will represent Italy...

1 hour ago, phelps said:

despite having won all the direct matchups (last one, this weekend at the Italian Nationals) against Alexandra Agiurgiuculese and being the best among our girls in the international competitions earlier this year, Sofia Raffaeli has been left home by our coaches...

in the individual event in Tokyo, Milena Baldassari and Alexandra Agiurgiuculese will represent Italy...

This is completely absurd. Agiurgiuculese didn't deserve to qualify. As far as I understand, the national team coordinator is minimizing this decision saying that Raffaeli is still young and Paris will come soon, but this sport is very hard on the body of gymnasts and no one knows whether Raffaeli will even continue to train until 2024. Terrible decision and now I can't force myself to cheer for Italy in Tokyo anymore, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, phelps said:

Must be because she doesn’t have enough international experience *eye roll*