website statistics

Men's Field Hockey Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

LDOG

2 hours ago, Col_Frost said:

1. You're right. I don't know why I thought that there is some qualification tournament.

2. You know what emoji " :p " means, right?

2. I do, it's my favourite one :p Still it doesn't change the thing you wrote that sentence, so somebody could miss or misunderstand the emoji and from my response would know the rule. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

ENGLAND, SCOTLAND, WALES. All this team are competing, al this team will plays european champonship that assigg a bid for Tokyo. Wich of these three competes? Only one? BEst of three? No one?
It's a shame for CIO that England, Wales and Scotland competiing separately, it's a shame for CIO that nations loke Hong Kong (Is China) or Macau compete in olympic games.

2 hours ago, Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo said:

ENGLAND, SCOTLAND, WALES. All this team are competing, al this team will plays european champonship that assigg a bid for Tokyo. Wich of these three competes? Only one? BEst of three? No one?
It's a shame for CIO that England, Wales and Scotland competiing separately, it's a shame for CIO that nations loke Hong Kong (Is China) or Macau compete in olympic games.

if they didn't change the rules lately, it's England the only British team entitled to earn a spot and then, in case, play the Olympic Tournament...

I'm sure at 101% that until Rio it was that way...meanwhile I'm not sure at all that this rule is still there...:mumble:

6 minutes ago, phelps said:

if they didn't change the rules lately, it's England the only British team entitled to earn a spot and then, in case, play the Olympic Tournament...

I'm sure at 101% that until Rio it was that way...meanwhile I'm not sure at all that this rule is still there...:mumble:

No - It's the same as Rio.

The British Olympic Committee has nominated England as the official qualifying team in all summer sports where England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland compete separately.

But in winter sports they have nominated Scotland in curling.

hace 19 minutos, Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo dijo:

Ok. An example. In hockey series, that's give 6 places for olympic tie breaker, both Scotland and Wales are competing. If one of them catch the place? If another team loose with them? 

They won't get a place in the olympic qualifiers, that's 100% sure. However, I don't know if the 3rd place of the event in which they compete gets the place instead or if it will be simply assigned by world ranking among the eliminated teams of all tournaments.

Edited by LDOG

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

They won't get a place in the olympic qualifiers, that's 100% sure. However, I don't know if the 3rd place of the event in which they compete gets the place instead or if it will be simply assigned by world ranking among the eliminated teams of all tournaments.

I think it's the same case as if Japan would get the place so the quota goes to ranking.

16 minutes ago, Nate River said:

:MAS Malaysia and :AUT Austria along with :ITA Italy and :CAN  Canada will face-off for a guaranteed Olympic Qualification match berth.

I think that Italian dream may reasonably end here, sadly, but still it was great :D