website statistics

Men's Field Hockey Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

LDOG

11 hours ago, LDOG said:

IMPORTANT

-Remember that still some of these teams could fail to reach the play-offs. Especially those that have to qualify through world hockey series.

-As you can see the biggest loser in the ranking is France, since they are forced to play bigger teams. After their great performance in WC I thought they would reach a higher ranking but I was wrong. Still, the difference with the next ranked team (China) is only 4 points. The good news for France is that China esentially won't have any opportunity to win ranking points other than the hockey series. Meanwhile France will play both hockey series and European division II championship. If they perform well in these competitions they will surpass China for sure (and remember, there is still the possibility that China fails to qualify for the play-offs at the hockey series).

If France overtakes China it would be perfect for us. I would like to avoid France, Pakistan and Malaysia amongst the unseeded teams. France is much better than their ranking. Pakistan is in free fall but still they are capable of surprises specially against India. And Malaysia is our boogie team. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update Documents Qualification Field Hockey Tokyo 2020

file:///C:/Users/Benjamin/Desktop/Downloads/Qualification%20system%20–%20Games%20of%20the%20XXXII%20Olympiad%20–%20Tokyo%202020%20–%20International%20Hockey%20Federation%20(FIG)%20–%20Hockey.pdf.pdf

Edited by Benolympique

5 hours ago, Benolympique said:

Update Documents Qualification Field Hockey Tokyo 2020

file:///C:/Users/Benjamin/Desktop/Downloads/Qualification%20system%20–%20Games%20of%20the%20XXXII%20Olympiad%20–%20Tokyo%202020%20–%20International%20Hockey%20Federation%20(FIG)%20–%20Hockey.pdf.pdf

Don't drink so much at Christmas time ;) You've posted a link to the URL of your computer, not the internet one. ;)

Il y a 2 heures , Vojthas a déclaré:

Don't drink so much at Christmas time ;) You've posted a link to the URL of your computer, not the internet one. ;)

1CF617A6-3435-4D0F-A4A3-8A314450910C.png

https://www.dosb.de/leistungssport/olympische-spiele/dokumente/?Qualifikationskriterien=

Edited by Benolympique

3 godziny temu, Dmitry napisał:

Which team will play in the Olympic qualification events if Japan finished in top-2 in their pool at Hockey Series?
May be third but I can't find a proof.

http://www.fih.ch/media/8997773/180406-ioc-approved-qualification-system.pdf

Second page:

"If any of the teams in i), ii) or iii) above also qualify as Continental Champions or as Host Country team, their place will be taken by the next highest ranked team in the FIH World Rankings as at the end of the above 2019 Continental Championships." ;) 

Edited by Col_Frost

5 minut temu, Vojthas napisał:

Japan is no longer considered as Host Country, as it has won the Asian Games. But it doesn't change anything, just the wrong part is in bold.

It change that there is one more place to get in this tournament ;) Maybe I didn't bold part about champion because Asian Games winner is not continental champion? :p 

2 hours ago, Col_Frost said:

It change that there is one more place to get in this tournament ;) Maybe I didn't bold part about champion because Asian Games winner is not continental champion? :p 

1. Not in this one (Hockey Series) - the additional place is for qualification event (home-away match) and the places for it will be given by the ranking.

2. Asian Games are taken to cosideration as Continental Championships in meaning of the qualification system.

6 godzin temu, Vojthas napisał:

1. Not in this one (Hockey Series) - the additional place is for qualification event (home-away match) and the places for it will be given by the ranking.

2. Asian Games are taken to cosideration as Continental Championships in meaning of the qualification system.

1. You're right. I don't know why I thought that there is some qualification tournament.

2. You know what emoji " :p " means, right?

Edited by Col_Frost