website statistics

Men's Field Hockey Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

LDOG

• 2 weeks later...

Hockey https://clasificacionolimpica2020.blogspot.com.es/ 

The changes of the Olympic Program in Tokyo, with respect to Rio

The Qualification Process summarized and detailed

Study of how to set the Olympic rankings hockey

Most important competitions in each sport :As it is classified and competition system

• 4 weeks later...

The qualification system says that there are 6-7 qualifiation matches. 

For these matches are qualified: 2 teams from the pro-league-final, 2 teams of the world ranking and:

Zitat

"The two (2) highest placed teams in each of the three Hockey Series Finals 2019"

But my questions is what are the three Hockey Series Finals? 

47 minuti fa, GER-PJ ha scritto:

For these matches are qualified: 2 teams from the pro-league-final, 2 teams of the world ranking and:

it's a second tier tournament for those teams who don't take part into the hockey pro league (basically it's the old world league without the top teams)...

hace 48 minutos, GER-PJ said:

In the Hockey Series all countries can participate, except those who dispute the Hockey Proleague. The 1st round in 2018 do not play the 9 teams with better rankings for those enrolled in the Open Series

The 2nd round are 3 regional events with 8 teams each of these 8 teams, 3 would be exempted from the 1st round due to its ranking and 5 from the 1st round.

The first 2 of each regional event classified for the Olympic Qualification Events (in total 6)

If Japan did not earn the Asian continental 12 teams participate in the Olympic Qualification Events: 4 teams from the pro-league-final, +6 Hockey Series +  2 teams of the world ranking. Then there would be  6 qualifiation matches in in the Olympic Qualification Events

If Japan  earn the Asian continental 14 teams participate in the Olympic Qualification Events: 4 teams from the pro-league-final, +6 Hockey Series +  4 teams of the world ranking Then there would be  7 qualifiation matches in in the Olympic Qualification Events

All the information is on https://clasificacionolimpica2020.blogspot.com.es/search/label/Hockey

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

If I get it right (and assuming that only Australia and one of the european Pro League teams will qualifie from their respective contintental championship), three teams from the Pro League will no take part in the OQT ? If so, it's a blessing for second tier countries like France, but also very iodiotic.

18 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

If I get it right (and assuming that only Australia and one of the european Pro League teams will qualifie from their respective contintental championship), three teams from the Pro League will no take part in the OQT ? If so, it's a blessing for second tier countries like France, but also very iodiotic.

You have to consider that 2 more teams qualify to the OQT by ranking, and they will most likely be Pro League teams.