website statistics

Equestrian Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

dcro

21 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

I wonder what is happening with Ian Millar. :mumble:Probably too old for Tokyo. 

He still competes, but it is doubtful he would make the team, especially since the event has been reduced to three athletes.

Important rule change has been announced. Apparently, maximum one result per event will count towards the Olympic rankings in dressage.

It cuts both ways. While those pop-up events in Ukraine should have less of an impact now, it's also a bad news for some Latin American riders. They have limited number of opportunities to gain points anyway, and now for example they can only take 1 of possible 3 results from the Pan American Games. This should help Bermuda though, since their rider is based in Europe.

#banbestmen

11 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Even though its still early to tell,can you foresee Canadian team in Tokyo?

It would be embarrassing if we don't send a full team, especially since the United States has already qualified in dressage and jumping, but anything could happen at the Pan American Games. South America has been slowly catching up to us, but on paper we are still better than them.

42 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

It would be embarrassing if we don't send a full team, especially since the United States has already qualified in dressage and jumping, but anything could happen at the Pan American Games. South America has been slowly catching up to us, but on paper we are still better than them.

And what about names? 

32 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

And what about names? 

Selections look very open at the moment. I'd say that only Eric Lamaze (jumping), Brittany Fraser-Beaulieu (dressage) and Selena O'Hanlon (eventing, if her horse is not deemed too old) are more or less safe to get selected, assuming they keep their form.

#banbestmen

Groups C1 and C2 jumping qualifiers will both be held June 26-30, it has been confirmed today.

This leaves Group F dressage qualification event as the only direct qualifier which still doesn't have its venue and dates decided.

#banbestmen

On 26/01/2019 at 17:08, dcro said:

Selections look very open at the moment. I'd say that only Eric Lamaze (jumping), Brittany Fraser-Beaulieu (dressage) and Selena O'Hanlon (eventing, if her horse is not deemed too old) are more or less safe to get selected, assuming they keep their form.

Thanks! 

I expect Lamaze in Tokyo,he is on high level almost every time i checked. 

I guess they have some internal qualifications. :mumble: