website statistics

Equestrian Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

dcro

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

Norwegians will probably reach minimum requirements, but I wonder if they will actually take up their quota? For some reason, they collectively don't care about dressage championships. And it's not like dressage is non-existent up there. In fact, every couple of years a talented combination emerges, but it always ends with the same story - "I don't care about championships, I just want to sell the horse." :wacko:

Maybe a free Olympic quota will change some mindsets...

Maybe they are like Kaminoans. They could kidnap the most interesting people in the universe to clone them and rule the whole universe forever, but they give more value to money :p

Group F dressage qualifier will be held in :NED Exloo between October 24-27.

South Africa is the only expected participant, but Palestine might try too.

http://dressage-news.com/2019/09/03/final-tokyo-olympic-dressage-team-qualifier-for-africa-middle-east-set-for-exloo-netherlands-oct-24-27/

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

This week's Sopot Horse Trials saw a lot of Chinese and Thai riders attempting to meet minimum requirements.

:CHN Ruiji Liang (Crackerjack) and :THA Weerapat Pitakanonda (Chateau de Versailles) have met the requirements at CCI4*-L, meaning they are now fully eligible to compete at the Olympics. China now has two eligible riders, while Thailand has one.

:THA Arinadtha Chavatanont (Bolleybawn Prince) was on course to do the same, but her horse got withdrawn after cross-country. She now has to wait a full month before she is able to make the next attempt at this level. Nevertheless, she will probably have two more attempts (if all is well with Bolleybawn Prince, of course...).

:CHN Yingfeng Bao (Teseo) and :THA Korntawat Samran (Tzar of Her Dreams) failed to meet requirements at CCI4*-S after having a whole lot of fences down during show jumping.

:CHN Huadong Sun (Brent) and :THA Korntawat Samran (Uster da Chanay) were successful at CCI3*-L level, which makes them eligible to start at CCI4*-S, Even if all goes well from now on, they will both have only a single attempt at CCI4*-L (Pratoni del Vivaro in November)...

While the Asians are investing a lot of effort, Brazilians are still basically doing nothing. Their dressage team is now extremely worrying. Nobody has minimum requirements, and nobody is appearing on entry lists for the upcoming events. I wonder if their federation is even aware of the Certificate of Capability requirement...

#banbestmen

9 minutes ago, dcro said:

And just to set some fire, his horse apparently had its named changed from Here To Stay to Azad Kashmir (which apparently translates to Free Kashmir). :p

Maybe that was a requirement to get funding. :lol:

Oooooooooooh scandal

Spoiler

But seriously, IOC isn't gonna like that.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, dcro said:

Some exciting news... :PAK Usman Khan finished 15th at an eventing competition in Werribee, Victoria, and thus secured his first ranking points.

And actually, as of today he provisionally holds Group F individual quota. :yikes:

I had to double check that Pakistan was in Group F. I'd imagine they would have been in Group G along with the other South Asian nations.