website statistics

Equestrian Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

dcro

16 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Wait a moment... Miloserdova became italian? :yikes:

Yes, she declared for Italy last year. She has been living there for some years now.

However, she will not be eligible to compete for Italy at this year's European Championships, what pretty much eliminates any chance for Italy to qualify a full team.

#banbestmen

Probably not, at minimum one of Israel or Poland will take the individual spot while the second spot seems to be quite competitive (assuming one of Israel/Poland gets the team quota). Does Croatia have a great rider that's not on the Longines ranking?

Just now, JoshMartini007 said:

Probably not, at minimum one of Israel or Poland will take the individual spot while the second spot seems to be quite competitive (assuming one of Israel/Poland gets the team quota). Does Croatia have a great rider that's not on the Longines ranking?

There was one promising combination a couple of seasons ago (Gugic & Coeur de Croatie). But that kind of ended abruptly. With no much support to go on, the rider elected to sell the horse rather than campaign it at the championships for which they were already qualified.

#banbestmen

4 hours ago, dcro said:

February rankings are now fully out.

Jumping simulation:

Group A - :IRL:DEN

Group B - :FRA:AUT

Group C - :LAT:ISR

Group F - :SYR:EGY

Group G - :TPE:THA

Additional - :CAN

Full rankings here. :evil:

Any Indian with even an outside chance in Equestrian?

Just now, Dolby said:

Any Indian with even an outside chance in Equestrian?

Fouaad Mirza should have a decent chance in eventing. I suspect that will be his focus this season, and with Australia, New Zealand, Japan already qualified, Group G individual spots are there for the taking.

On the other hand, I doubt that Jitendarjit Singh Ahluwahlia will be making any new attempts. :( He is the 1980 Olympian who came out of nowhere and attempted to qualify in dressage for Rio.

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Fouaad Mirza should have a decent chance in eventing. I suspect that will be his focus this season, and with Australia, New Zealand, Japan already qualified, Group G individual spots are there for the taking.

On the other hand, I doubt that Jitendarjit Singh Ahluwahlia will be making any new attempts. :( He is the 1980 Olympian who came out of nowhere and attempted to qualify in dressage for Rio.

Interesting fact. He could have been an olympian with biggest margin between 2 participations.