web
analytics
Jump to content
hckosice

Slalom Canoeing Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Recommended Posts

Internal Qualifier after Event 2/4 (Day #1)

 

M C1

 

Rank Athlete WC Stage 4 WC Stage 5 World Champs European Champs Total
1 Matej Beňuš 28 30     58
2 Michal Martikán 28 28     56
3 Alexander Slafkovský 30 25     55

 

W K1

 

Rank Athlete WC Stage 4 WC Stage 5 World Champs European Champs Total
1 Eliška Mintálová 18 28     46
2 Jana Dukátová 21 8     29
3 Elena Kaliská 16 4     20

 

 

What a fight in M C1 :lol: last week Slafkovský won the WC event and today Beňuš the next one, All 3 were in the finals top 10 in both events...and yes we can earn only 1 quota...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So...

 

Despite claiming they will use the classical points system of the World Cups, our federation decided to follow its own points system...so all my counts from the previous posts were wrong lol,

 

However now it´s fixed ! (you can see the real standing in the previous posts)

 

Btw, if anyone want to follow the qualification himself, here the points table

Rank - points for this rank (M = M events, Ž = Women events) (40 points for M K1 1st place, 30 points for win in the orther categories. same points awarded if you finish 2nd or 3rd lol.)

 

Remember after the last 4th stage (Next years Europeans), the worst result of every athlete will be scratched !!!

 

NK2019%20obrazok2.png?1555440529194

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hckosice said:

So...

 

Despite claiming they will use the classical points system of the World Cups, our federation decided to follow its own points system...so all my counts from the previous posts were wrong lol,

 

However now it´s fixed ! (you can see the real standing in the previous posts)

 

Btw, if anyone want to follow the qualification himself, here the points table

Rank - points for this rank (M = M events, Ž = Women events) (40 points for M K1 1st place, 30 points for win in the orther categories. same points awarded if you finish 2nd or 3rd lol.)

 

Remember after the last 4th stage (Next years Europeans), the worst result of every athlete will be scratched !!!

 

NK2019%20obrazok2.png?1555440529194

Why they decide to use a different system for the K1? :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Why they decide to use a different system for the K1? :p

 

More competitors are usually competing in the M K1 + there 40 paddlers in the M K1 semifials while in the other categories only 30 athletes qualify for the semifinals usually at the major events.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:SVK  Internal Qualifier after Event 2/4

 

M C1

 

Rank Athlete WC Stage 4 WC Stage 5 World Champs European Champs Total
1 Matej Beňuš 28 30     58
2 Michal Martikán 28 28     56
3 Alexander Slafkovský 30 25     55

 

M K1

 

Rank Athlete WC Stage 4 WC Stage 5 World Champs European Champs Total
1 Jakub Grigar 15 31     46
2 Martin Halčin 37 1     38
3 Andrej Málek 1 11     12

 

W K1

 

Rank Athlete WC Stage 4 WC Stage 5 World Champs European Champs Total
1 Eliška Mintálová 18 28     46
2 Jana Dukátová 21 8     29
3 Elena Kaliská 16 4     20

 

W C1

 

Rank Athlete WC Stage 4 WC Stage 5 World Champs European Champs Total
1 Monika Škáchová 23 11     34
2 Soňa Stanovská 1 21     22
3 Emanuela Luknárová 20 1     21

 

 

*Note: The worst result of every athlete will be scratched at the end, only the top 3 results of each athlete will be counted, the athlete with higher amount of points will compete in Tokyo (Depending If Slovakia wins the quota ofc)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated as of September 29th, 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:SVK  Internal Qualifier after Event 3/4

 

Jakub Grigar in M K1 is officially the first qualified athlete, mathematically impossible to catch him for any one of his opponents for the quota

, meaning the internal qualification in this category was today finished.

 

 

In the M C1 the competition is incredibly thrilling ! If we scratch the worst result of every athlete already today then Beňuš and Slafkovský are both tied at 58, Martikán just behind them with 56 ! in other words at the Europeans next year we are going to have an EPIC direct match the guy who will finish higher will qualify 

In W K1 Kaliská is already mathematically eliminated after this stage, so the quota will be contested between Mintálová and Dukátová at the ECH next year

 

In other hands we are in W C1 in huge troubles, only 1 spot for Europe remains at the next years Europeans and currently there still some 4-5 strong countries without this quota as well.

 

 

 

M C1  Quota Achieved

 

Rank Athlete WC Stage 4 WC Stage 5 World Champs European Champs Total
1 Alexander Slafkovský 30 25* 28   83
2 Matej Beňuš 28 30 18*   76
3 Michal Martikán 28 28 4*   60

 

M K1  Quota Achieved - INTERNAL QUALIFICATION COMPLETED

 

Rank Athlete WC Stage 4 WC Stage 5 World Champs European Champs Total
1 Jakub Grigar 15* 31 35 - 81
2 Martin Halčin 37 1* 1 - 36
3 Andrej Málek 1* 11 1 - 13

 

W K1  Quota Achieved

 

Rank Athlete WC Stage 4 WC Stage 5 World Champs European Champs Total
1 Eliška Mintálová 18 28 11*   57
2 Jana Dukátová 21 8* 9   38
3 Elena Kaliská 16 4 1* - 21

 

W C1  Not Qualified yet (1 quota remaining for Europe)

 

Rank Athlete WC Stage 4 WC Stage 5 World Champs European Champs Total
1 Monika Škáchová 23 11 1*   35
2 Soňa Stanovská 1* 21 1   23
3 Emanuela Luknárová 20 1* 1   22

 

 

*Note: The worst result of every athlete will be scratched at the end, only the top 3 results of each athlete will be counted, the athlete with higher amount of points will compete in Tokyo (for the W C1 Category Depending If Slovakia wins the quota ofc)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ana Sátila (who opted for the canoe quota) has been chosen by the brazilian federation as our representative in both C1 and K1 in Tokyo (source).

 

The same does not apply to Pedro Gonçalves (Men's K1), who will have to win the selection event next year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Ana Sátila (who opted for the canoe quota) has been chosen by the brazilian federation as our representative in both C1 and K1 in Tokyo (source).

 

The same does not apply to Pedro Gonçalves (Men's K1), who will have to win the selection event next year.

 

@JoshMartini007Even though the ICF hasn’t confirmed this, if it were true and :COK gets the K1 quota, what’s happens to the Oceania quota now?

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Olympian1010 said:

@JoshMartini007Even though the ICF hasn’t confirmed this, if it were true and :COK gets the K1 quota, what’s happens to the Oceania quota now?

 

Assuming three different eligible NOCs don't compete for it at the Oceania Championships then it'll go the next highest ranked eligible nation at the 2019 World Championships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...