web
analytics
Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

 

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to:

 

  • Post replies and open new threads
  • Give reputation to other members' posts
  • Get your own private messenger
  • Manage your profile

 

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

 

Sign In | Create an Account

George_D

Men's 3x3 Basketball Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Recommended Posts

Men's Tournament

 

Quota
Qualification Event
Notes
:WHT TBD    
:WHT TBD    
:WHT TBD    
:WHT TBD    
:WHT TBD    
:WHT TBD    
:WHT TBD    
:WHT TBD    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Universality-driven Olympic Qualifying Tournament is just  :crazy: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dmitry said:

Universality-driven Olympic Qualifying Tournament is just  :crazy: 

Well, I like the idea behind it since the Olympics are becoming more of a large countries (Americas, Europe, and East Asian) affair


“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well, I like the idea behind it since the Olympics are becoming more of a large countries (Americas, Europe, and East Asian) affair

I think continental representation will enough in this case too. 
But this UOQT is a monster.

"Only NOC (other than Host Country of the Olympic Games) who have not been represented in Basketball (irrespectively men or women) in the past 2 editions of the Olympic Games are eligible to participate in the UOQT" :mad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dmitry said:

I think continental representation will enough in this case too. 
But this UOQT is a monster.

"Only NOC (other than Host Country of the Olympic Games) who have not been represented in Basketball (irrespectively men or women) in the past 2 editions of the Olympic Games are eligible to participate in the UOQT" :mad:

It’s great news for Mali, Mongolia, Turkmenistan, and the majority of the Eastern Bloc


“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s great news for Mali, Mongolia, Turkmenistan, and the majority of the Eastern Bloc

 

And yet the spots will likely end up in Italy or the Netherlands. :p


All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The funniest thing, in my opinion, is the 8-team tournament for a sport that is like beach volley and would deserve 24 or 32 teams, or 16 if you don’t want multiple teams per nation. But it is coherent with IOC policy of team sports: odd qualification systems and reduced number of participants, except for soccer which dislikes olympics. It is true that in love wins who flees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s great news for Mali, Mongolia, Turkmenistan, and the majority of the Eastern Bloc

And bad news for overall quality. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

The funniest thing, in my opinion, is the 8-team tournament for a sport that is like beach volley and would deserve 24 or 32 teams, or 16 if you don’t want multiple teams per nation. But it is coherent with IOC policy of team sports: odd qualification systems and reduced number of participants, except for soccer which dislikes olympics. It is true that in love wins who flees.

 

It's just FIBA being greedy. They say that 3x3 brings "diversity" or whatever, but then they settle for 8-team tournament. Anything less than 12 teams is senseless by default, I'd rather not have it held at all.

  • Like 1

All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...