website statistics

Women's 3x3 Basketball Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

George_D

Just now, hckosice said:

Exact. Clean and clear :d

This smells even worse than #TeamBogota for the 2018 Winter Olympics :evil:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

This is ridiculous...the rankings, other than being idiotic, were also probably wrongly calculated and FIBA decided to hide them, claiming that the reason was to create interest for their event on 1 November.

It worked, without all this I couldn't care less about it, now I'm kinda curious :p Not in the good way, but still

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It worked, without all this I couldn't care less about it, now I'm kinda curious :p Not in the good way, but still

Any publicity is good publicity:p 

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I don't care if it worked, 4 out of 8 teams are going to qualify for the Olympics (and the other teams coming from the OQTs also depending on ranking) through a ranking which is flawed, open to manipulation (like Mongolian schoolgirls playing each other) or plain cheating (who knows how many fake or irregular tournaments are included) and also not public anymore while they try to check and fix it. This is not funny anymore, it's a disgusting system, IOC should step in and force FIBA to organize a qualification tournament, or  use next year's World Cup as a qualification tournament.

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

This smells even worse than #TeamBogota for the 2018 Winter Olympics :evil:

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

TeamBogota was a small childich con trick. This is a real top hustler´s masterpiece  :d

We really should have leaked Project Bogota conspiracy theories back when it was a hot topic. :p

#banbestmen

17 minutes ago, dcro said:

We really should have leaked Project Bogota conspiracy theories back when it was a hot topic. :p

Well, they already cut their own fingers since FIS is apparently going to make cross-country qualifying harder for 2022.

On that note: to the cross-country thread!

By the way, who would profit from a crappy system like this? Normally one would say "the richest nations", but really, Mongolia?