website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

OlympicIRL

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

Very sad that he missed the standard. I think it was a perfectly timed race considering the number of personal bests we saw. Not sure he will get another chance like that (at least this year).

Yes, i agree. This chance was really huge.

Winner was also just outside standard. 

Hey everyone, I was trying to search for something like LIVE RANKINGS for Tokyo 2020, meaning like who would be currently qualified for Tokyo in what discipline - updating maybe every 2 weeks or something like that. Of course I might figure that out according to IAAF World Ranking, but is it really correct if I select maximum of 3 athletes per country and then I check what athletes are spotted where? Or is there any other link collecting this data? Some sport associations have that, such as UCI, Judo. Thanks for any respond!

4 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

Hey everyone, I was trying to search for something like LIVE RANKINGS for Tokyo 2020, meaning like who would be currently qualified for Tokyo in what discipline - updating maybe every 2 weeks or something like that. Of course I might figure that out according to IAAF World Ranking, but is it really correct if I select maximum of 3 athletes per country and then I check what athletes are spotted where? Or is there any other link collecting this data? Some sport associations have that, such as UCI, Judo. Thanks for any respond!

Not sure about the accuracy or frequency of updates but someone had shared the following link about rankings for Tokyo qualification.  

Link

Just now, Dolby said:

Not sure about the accuracy or frequency of updates but someone had shared the following link about rankings for Tokyo qualification.  

Link

Cool, thank you very much :-) Better done than the IAAF. Information is more or less the same as on IAAF. But this helps much more!

12 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Link

Thanks for sharing, that’s my site. All data is taken directly from the iaaf world rankings and top lists. I try to do an update every Wednesday evening in line with when the iaaf updates their world rankings. But let me know if you spot any errors or something that could be improved. 

Just now, Johne said:

Thanks for sharing, that’s my site. All data is taken directly from the iaaf world rankings and top lists. I try to do an update every Wednesday evening in line with when the iaaf updates their world rankings. But let me know if you spot any errors or something that could be improved. 

Thanks for the amazing work. Just to clarify, the reason I was not sure about accuracy of the work is because of my limited following of results.

Also, is it possible to add a country filter to the website, where we can see all the athletes of the selected nation who have either qualified or are in qualification spots at present. 

No problem. 

At the top of the ranking table you should see a text box above each column. These can be used to filter the data.

with top 3 selected if you enter the nationality 3 letter code, eg GBR for Britain, this will show the top 3 athletes from the selected country and highlighted whether or not they have the standard (green) or are within the quota (blue).

With show all ticked and again entering the nationality three letter code this will show all athletes in the world rankings from that country, with those with the qualifying standard highlighted in green at the top of the list. 

Hope this helps. I really should write a user guide one day!

Just now, Johne said:

No problem. 

At the top of the ranking table you should see a text box above each column. These can be used to filter the data.

with top 3 selected if you enter the nationality 3 letter code, eg GBR for Britain, this will show the top 3 athletes from the selected country and highlighted whether or not they have the standard (green) or are within the quota (blue).

With show all ticked and again entering the nationality three letter code this will show all athletes in the world rankings from that country, with those with the qualifying standard highlighted in green at the top of the list. 

This a great site! 

Wish there was something similar for swimming 

Just now, Johne said:

No problem. 

What I meant is if I select say GBR, it will show all athletes from GBR qualified for Olympics across all disciplines. 

Also, the user interface is quite intuitive and I don't think there is any need for a user guide. 

Just now, Dolby said:

What I meant is if I select say GBR, it will show all athletes from GBR qualified for Olympics across all disciplines. 

Also, the user interface is quite intuitive and I don't think there is any need for a user guide. 

Ah yes. In the event drop down there is an “All” option as last in the list. So check “show all”, select All for event and then filter by nationality. This will show all athletes with the standard for that nation. It doesn’t show those within the quota though as that’s a bit more complicated. Also because it’s a mix of events the qual column will be in seconds or metres as appropriate rather than showing a more readable time. 

Cheers

john