website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

OlympicIRL

There's a rumour that comes from the Spanish Federation about IAAF's RaceWalking comitee doing a proposal to change RW disrances at the games to 10k and 30k.

The vote is supose to happend at the IAAF Doha meeting.

I hope this doesn't go forward....

Great idea! Let's also change the marathon to 5,36 kilometers, meaning I can finish a marathon :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Jur said:

There's a rumour that comes from the Spanish Federation about IAAF's RaceWalking comitee doing a proposal to change RW disrances at the games to 10k and 30k.

The vote is supose to happend at the IAAF Doha meeting.

I hope this doesn't go forward....

Unfortunately the rumour is true.

https://www.vrwc.org.au/newsletters/heelandtoe-2019-num16.pdf

I don't understand why the committee keeps saying 20/50 races are not popular. Like 10/30 would do much change for it, it's stupid and they are only cutting history and taking the most brutal endurance out of the game.

Really I can't believe people like them have Race Walking future in their hands......

1 hour ago, dcro said:

We also need to replace 100 m with 34 m dash. I don't care for 3-digit distances.

Only if there's a certain numer of centimeters added. Nothing wrong with a 200,87 meters in my opinion.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The people who don't like race walking don't like race walking because it's race walking, not because of it's distance.

42 minutes ago, Dragon said:

2) Introduction of the Race Walking Electronic Control System (RWECS) for use in competition by 2021* to increase credibility of the discipline and facilitate the feasibility of different distances. Without this technology, we strongly advise against changing the current distances.

Well, that's double. I 100% want technology to be used in race walking, but apparently that increases the chances of changing distances which I'd hate..