website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

OlympicIRL

4 hours ago, prso1000 said:

Different sports different rules 
she cannot compete 

in throwing events you need to be at least 18 (born in 2002)

I remember seeing some old IAAF rules with those age restriction so i assumed that there will be the similar situation here. 

Thanks for the clarifications.

Another question is why 11 year old table tennis player can compete but 15 years old javelin thrower cant. 

9 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

I remember seeing some old IAAF rules with those age restriction so i assumed that there will be the similar situation here. 

Thanks for the clarifications.

Another question is why 11 year old table tennis player can compete but 15 years old javelin thrower cant. 

Another factor maybe the potential physical damage to a 15 year old throwing an adult javelin. Javelin throwers often seem to carry injuries of varying degree. 

Not the biggest update this week. Unsurprisingly, men's marathon provide us with yet another athlete. :p

Update  - Week 10 - March 2 until suspension (April 5) - 2020

Men's Javelin Throw

:IND +1

https://www.worldathletics.org/athletes/india/shivpal-singh-14722564

Men's Marathon

:AUS +1

https://www.worldathletics.org/athletes/australia/liam-adams-232504

Qualified Quotas Overview
Men (Total Quota: 496) Women (Total Quota: 474)

Huge troubles for Matej Tóth, the Dudince 50 schedulled for 21 March, was his RACE where he was supposed to qualify for Tokyo, now with all sport events canceled in Slovakia, he lost probably his last chance to qualify...our Athletics federation already informed they will try to register him as soon as they´ll find a 50k race somewhere, no matter where....

Since he DNF the last worlds farce race he does not have any chance to qualify via ranking, his only chance is to compete somewhere to earn the required standard...well, things does not look better, do you know by any chance a 50k race being held somewhere maybe I would be able to send then a mail to our athletics federation with the information

hace 25 minutos, hckosice dijo:

Huge troubles for Matej Tóth, the Dudince 50 schedulled for 21 March, was his RACE where he was supposed to qualify for Tokyo, now with all sport events canceled in Slovakia, he lost probably his last chance to qualify...our Athletics federation already informed they will try to register him as soon as they´ll find a 50k race somewhere, no matter where....

Since he DNF the last worlds farce race he does not have any chance to qualify via ranking, his only chance is to compete somewhere to earn the required standard...well, things does not look better, do you know by any chance a 50k race being held somewhere maybe I would be able to send then a mail to our athletics federation with the information

Can't he compite at the world team race walking championships? They aren't cancelled yet.