website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

OlympicIRL

Just now, EselTheDonkey said:

Yes, he either needs to get the standard in (probably) either Götzis or Ratingen or complete two (?) Events for World ranking Points. These Events could also be Indoor-Heptathlons.

However, if it is really "only" a hamstring injury it is still possible that he gets in shape enough to get 8350 by June (Ratingen should be the latest possible opportunity).

Just now, LowerSaxony said:

However, if it is really "only" a hamstring injury it is still possible that he gets in shape enough to get 8350 by June (Ratingen should be the latest possible opportunity).

Yes, it is possible. Finger's crossed. But I think this was the reason, why he didn't give up this Competition earlier.

4 hours ago, Faris said:

Married couple ever win global championship/olympic medal at the same day?

in Athletics, the only married couple to win Gold in the same day are the Zatopeks (Emil and Dana)...Helsinki 1952...

then, if we look at other sports, well, the list is quite long...in figure skating (both on the ice and roller skating) there are quite a good number of lifemates who won gold in the same event and same day...

but there's only one couple of 2 married people of the same sex to win the Olympic Gold medal in the same day (and event) so far...Kate Walsh and Helen Richardson of the British field hockey team...

Edited by phelps

On 03/10/2019 at 22:41, phelps said:

in Athletics, the only married couple to win Gold in the same day are the Zatopeks (Emil and Dana)...Helsinki 1952...

then, if we look at other sports, well, the list is quite long...in figure skating (both on the ice and roller skating) there are quite a good number of lifemates who won gold in the same event and same day...

but there's only one couple of 2 married people of the same sex to win the Olympic Gold medal in the same day (and event) so far...Kate Walsh and Helen Richardson of the British field hockey team...

And next year Christian and Sandra Reitz will follow!

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

On 02/10/2019 at 08:51, Wumo said:

No, they are not included in the cap of every single event. 

There is a cap of 1900 athletes in athletics overall which include the relay athletes and universality places. If you add up all the the athlete quotas in every event, you get 1874 athletes. This means that there are 26 athlete quotas for those athletes who only run relay and universality places. 

I am not so sure about that. For example there are 48 places available at 800m. If say 30 meet the qualifying time and 6 athletes are selected based on universality that would leave just 12 places based on Worl Rankings.

Just now, Oldira said:

I am not so sure about that. For example there are 48 places available at 800m. If say 30 meet the qualifying time and 6 athletes are selected based on universality that would leave just 12 places based on Worl Rankings.

Universality places have lower priority, so they come after the target number

Just now, Oldira said:

I'm sorry, but I don't seem to understand what the issue here is?

As AIFHg writes, the universality places are distrubuted as the last thing after Standards and World Ranking. 

According to me there is no specification in the qualification document about a minimum of athletes or % of athletes coming from the IAAF World Ranking.  For example minimum 20% 

of the athletes must come from the IAAF World Ranking. 

Of course I could have completed missed your point and I'm very sorry if I have. It was not my intention at all.