website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

OlympicIRL

2 hours ago, Johne said:

Ah yes. In the event drop down there is an “All” option as last in the list. So check “show all”, select All for event and then filter by nationality. This will show all athletes with the standard for that nation. It doesn’t show those within the quota though as that’s a bit more complicated. Also because it’s a mix of events the qual column will be in seconds or metres as appropriate rather than showing a more readable time. 

Cheers

john 

This is one big amazing piece of work! Thanks for doing it! Wish all international assocciations had that resposibility :-)

Just now, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

When will relay rankings start getting published

Hi, I guess this will start probably after WCH in Doha. It would be useless to publish it now because most of all relays will qualify for Olympics from Doha and smaller amount of relays according to the time. If I am correctly informed, there will be no world ranking for relays but I think there will be qualified rest relays that will not qualify from WCH according to 2 fastest times. Those times are probably counted in the period from March 1st 2019 - June 29th 2020. I am not 100% sure about all these information but 75% sure it should be this way. 

You can still check the results of relay on IAAF webside in section REcords & Lists but I guess you would have to make that average and all other counting by yourself. 

Just now, Jan Linha said:

Hi, I guess this will start probably after WCH in Doha. It would be useless to publish it now because most of all relays will qualify for Olympics from Doha and smaller amount of relays according to the time. If I am correctly informed, there will be no world ranking for relays but I think there will be qualified rest relays that will not qualify from WCH according to 2 fastest times. Those times are probably counted in the period from March 1st 2019 - June 29th 2020. I am not 100% sure about all these information but 75% sure it should be this way. 

You can still check the results of relay on IAAF webside in section REcords & Lists but I guess you would have to make that average and all other counting by yourself. 

Yes relay qualification is a bit different so I ignored it from my site.  This is what the IAAF website states for Tokyo 2020 relay qualification

image.thumb.png.04911aaea8c9dc18c601b9c902b99d20.png

First eight placed relays means, that the relays have to finish regularly in the final to qualify for the Olympics, right? If someone loses the baton or gets dq, the 9th Team gets the Olympic place? Ignoring the very likely possibility, that a qualification for the World Championships final could very well mean you were fast enough to qualify by time for the Olympics.

Edited by EselTheDonkey

2 horas atrás, EselTheDonkey disse:

First eight placed relays means, that the relays have to finish regularly in the final to qualify for the Olympics, right? If someone loses the baton or gets dq, the 9th Team gets the Olympic place? Ignoring the very likely possibility, that a qualification for the World Championships final could very well mean you were fast enough to qualify by time for the Olympics.

Good question

I guess that the eight teams in the final will be, automatically, qualified. And, the fights in semifinal to the final will be, at the same time, for the Olympic spots.

But, I'm not sure.

Edited by Laraja

The same issue happened in swimming in 2016 where FINA had to clarify. Sadly, no team was disqualified in 2016 at the World Relays so we won't know for sure. I think the 8 finalists will all qualify, but I hope IAAF clarifies quickly should it happen.

Edited by JoshMartini007

There is no B Final at the WCh so I think all the finalists will qualify. See what happened at World Relays this year:

-4x100m (no B final) Italy DNF in final but directly qualified for the WCh;

-4x400m (with B final) USA DQ in final, no direct qualification for the WCh.