website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

OlympicIRL

2 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I love that the level of decathlon/heptathlon is so high that athletes are reaching the qualification time/distance for the single event.

Actually I think that’s a bad thing, it shows that it’s long past time to go to a full Decathlon for the women. The event is not supposed to be won by a great performance in one single discipline.  Decathlon Men are never international class in a single discipline, they are true all rounders.

39 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Actually I think that’s a bad thing, it shows that it’s long past time to go to a full Decathlon for the women. The event is not supposed to be won by a great performance in one single discipline.  Decathlon Men are never international class in a single discipline, they are true all rounders.

It might also say the standards in some individual events are just not that high nowadays :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

46 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

The men also reach the standard too.

To be honest the decathlon needs to be changed so it doesn't favour sprinters so much.

Just now, JoshMartini007 said:

The men also reach the standard too.

To be honest the decathlon needs to be changed so it doesn't favour sprinters so much.

Bring in the Olympic icosathlon :bowdown: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icosathlon

Icosathletes, the only people on earth who are mad enough to rightfully call decathletes lazy bastards.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Bring in the Olympic icosathlon :bowdown: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icosathlon

Icosathletes, the only people on earth who are mad enough to rightfully call decathletes lazy bastards.

Haha...

I was thinking more along the lines of changing the 110m hurdles to 400m hurdles.

Maybe also changing the 400m to 800m and 1500m to 5000m to encourage more long distance running.

9 hours ago, intoronto said:

Women will be doing the decathlon in 2024. Watch the Ioc force it

About time. I'm sure all the female athletes (and fans) would be in favour of it as well, since it's all about equality nowadays. Which I think is good, not so much need for special 'lighter' events anymore.