website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

OlympicIRL

2 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

That's the reason why the standards are so tough. However, it is possible we could see that scenario. In 2018, 28 eligible athletes reach the standard in Men's 100m while at the 2016 Olympics 24 nations chose to use their universality quota in the men's 100m. This would take up 52/56 quotas meaning there is a chance for the men's 100m to go over. The options would be to allow a larger field or kick out the slowest men whom reached the entry standard.

Though reading the documents the IAAF seems to be attempting to avoid this scenario by stating the highest ranked male and/or female athlete will be given the quota which could prevent some nations from just having the 100m as their default choice.

Indeed.

Also,i havent found it,can every country send 3 athletes per discipline (USA sending 43x3=129 athletes),no limitations in that sense?

8 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Indeed.

Also,i havent found it,can every country send 3 athletes per discipline (USA sending 43x3=129 athletes),no limitations in that sense?

There's no limitation, outside of the maximum per event and athletes achieving the standard

was checking the standards. our national records are better than these standards only in 3 events :d:facepalm:100m, Discus throw and 800m ! and the 800m guy is retired long time ago.

right now I see only 3 of our athletes are capable of reaching these standards. national record holders in DT and 100m plus our 3000m steeplechase Asian Games champion who was less than a second behind this entry. I have no idea about the ranking but if that requires participating in too many competitions I don't think we can qualify anybody through the ranking.

3 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

I think that have some list of qualified athlete is a nice idea... I will post some updates, hoping that someone will help me :p

Isn't/wasn't there a website for that? Specifically aimed at athletics? Both for Olympics and world champs I seem to remember.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Isn't/wasn't there a website for that? Specifically aimed at athletics? Both for Olympics and world champs I seem to remember.

I remember it was a German website but can't remember the address

Just now, Dragon said:

I remember it was a German website but can't remember the address

German hosted or in German? Because the one I remember was definitely in English :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!