website statistics

Handball 2016 Discussion Thread

Werloc

Wow, the referees are trying to hand the match to Sweden by giving a red card to Visser for trying to throw the ball into the goal :facepalm:

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Wow, the referees are trying to hand the match to Sweden by giving a red card to Visser for trying to throw the ball into the goal :facepalm:

I would say that red card is defendable. 

I don't know if I would say it was the right decision, but the shot goes right to her head and it's not like she's out of balance or anything.

4 minutes ago, Agger said:

I would say that red card is defendable. 

I don't know if I would say it was the right decision, but the shot goes right to her head and it's not like she's out of balance or anything.

It's also not like she's trying to hit her head. A goal would be quite a lot more valuable, being hit like that is part of the risk as a goal keeper. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It's also not like she's trying to hit her head. A goal would be quite a lot more valuable, being hit like that is part of the risk as a goal keeper. 

But still shooting it right to the head of a goalie while being in physical control (which it seemed to me like she was).

It's not an easy one to call, but blaming the refs for trying to hand the win to Sweden is wrong!