website statistics

Men's Field Hockey FIH World Cup 2018

George_D

Ultra-impressive win for Germany. Before the start of the tournament the team said that their goal was to win the title, maybe it's not completely unrealistic after all ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

On 04/12/2018 at 16:12, Wanderer said:

So, Ireland and England will need Australia to punchbag China, so they can peacefully share the points :lol: 

The final matches in the groups are not played at the same time? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, Dolby said:

No. I cant remember a single FIH event where final matches in the groups were played at the same time. 

That's just plain stupid. In any sport btw.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

hace 2 horas, heywoodu said:

The thing is most hockey tournaments are hosted in a single stadium, so there isn't really any room for that. Only exceptions I can think of were 2014 WC in Hague and the last olympics, they had two fields but still there weren't simultaneous games.

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

while I agree with you but I wonder if we have such a thing in any sport beside Football ?!

I see sometimes we have that in volleyball or basketball but that's not a "rule" even at the Olympics (of course beside football)

Just now, MHSN said:

while I agree with you but I wonder if we have such a thing in any sport beside Football ?!

I see sometimes we have that in volleyball or basketball but that's not a "rule" even at the Olympics (of course beside football)

Well I forgot about what @LDOG mentioned (games often being played in one stadium), so in that situation it makes sense of course. When there are multiple stadiums, I really can't imagine why they'd let the games be played at separate times, besides, obviously, money. 

France advances to R16! I knew they had it in them.

Our younger players played many minutes and some of them are terrible so I'm not completely surprised with the result.

Spain didn't deserve to go out, they were much better comparatively than NZ in all matches.

Edited by LDOG