website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Team Sports Early Qualification Predictions

51 minutes ago, MHSN said:

AUS and NZL joining the WC qualifiers has nothing to the with the Olympic qualification, they are not competing with the Asian teams for the Olympic spot. and I don't think they ever change that for the future games.

hard to predict future games but the future doesn't look bright for Iran when our veterans retire. Philippines on other hands sometimes get good results against World Class teams. but China as world cup hosts will be seeded and will face easier teams in the 1st round means better chance to finish higher than any other Asian team.

Which is stupid really. AUS and NZL have to qualify through Asia for WC's from now on. Should also extend to Olympics IMO.

Edited by Joshi

26 minutes ago, LDOG said:

@thepharoah Mexico in men's volleyball? they haven´t qualified for world championship :mumble:

I predicted Egypt despite we lost in our home 3-0 to Tunisia in the last African championship :d as long as we'll have the same format of Rio 2016 qualifications I predict Mexico to qualify , but it won't be easy ofc for them with Puerto Rico or Dominican Republic or Cuba , also you will have Egypt or Tunisia , well I can only say this's what my heart tells me :d

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

Iran qualifying in football sounds impossible to me, we always find a way to screw up our U23 team.

I think u should make it this time , especially in the absence of Japan , right now u have one of the best U20 team in Asia who will play qualifications so it should be your time :yes 

Edited by thepharoah

hace 1 minuto, thepharoah said:

I predicted Egypt despite we lost in our home 3-0 to Tunisia in the last African championship :d as long as we'll have the same format of Rio 2016 qualifications I predict Mexico to qualify , but it won't be easy ofc for them with Puerto Rico or Dominican Republic or Cuba , also you will have Egypt or Tunisia , well I can only say this's what my heart tells me :d

We won't have the same format, there will only one final OQT this time and it will have teams from all continents.

17 minutes ago, LDOG said:

We won't have the same format, there will only one final OQT this time and it will have teams from all continents.

So ofc there won't be Mexico :d so 4 teams will qualify from WQT plus Asian best team ?

edit : i just checked the qualification process and i have to edit my predictions especially for Mexico :d

Edited by thepharoah