website statistics

Women's Softball WBSC World Championship 2018

AlFHg

5 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Huge win by Canada against Australia. This also guarantees an American nation will win the quota (even if the US was a huge favourite pre-tournament) and likely means Chinese Taipei won't qualify a team. Of course in a six team tournament there was always going to be snubs.

I don't mind. Mexico and Puerto Rico have shown much more than Chinese Taipei at this tournament. One of them deserves to go, it should be an interesting battle.

#banbestmen

7 hours ago, dcro said:

I don't mind. Mexico and Puerto Rico have shown much more than Chinese Taipei at this tournament. One of them deserves to go, it should be an interesting battle.

Ya, I think this tornament has shown that the Americas very much deserve 3 of the 6 quotas.

53 minutes ago, intoronto said:

It won't matter I think. Baseball/softball will not be in on Paris or LA without a team sport coming off the program. Field hockey is the most likely one to come off the program...

I’d rather see Basketball go

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

It won't matter I think. Baseball/softball will not be in on Paris or LA without a team sport coming off the program. Field hockey is the most likely one to come off the program...

You keep saying the same every year and it never happens :whistle:

Do you have something against the sport?... I have noted that you also seem to have some feud against India at times, is it related to it? (I mean, because it's an "indian" sport) or it's just the old "hockey code" rivalry because you are canadian?

Edited by LDOG

c'mon, guys...Basketball, Volleyball, Handball, Field Hockey, Waterpolo and Football (Soccer) will never get off the Olympic program...

and having Softball without the correspondent men's event (Baseball has no chance to stay in the program, since it's more and more obvious that in 2020 there won't be any Major Leaguer in Tokyo) is not an option for the IOC...

so, we already know which team sport will be dismissed in Paris...

5 hours ago, LDOG said:

You keep saying the same every year and it never happens :whistle:

Do you have something against the sport?... I have noted that you also seem to have some feud against India at times, is it related to it? (I mean, because it's an "indian" sport) or it's just the old "hockey code" rivalry because you are canadian?

What rivalry? 

And field hockey was the only team sport that was in consideration of being dropped back in 2013 (ultimately wrestling got the boot). That's why they went to 4 quarters, to make the game more interesting? If field hockey was ranked last, its unlikely to have changed. So for any team sport to have hope of being on the Olympic program, it has to hope another team sport is dropped, ie field hockey. 

"Tuesday's decision came via secret ballot over four rounds, with 14 members voting each time on which sport should not be included in the core group. IOC President Jacques Rogge did not vote. Three sports were left in the final round: wrestling, field hockey and modern pentathlon." 

Source

Personally, I would cut men's football to 12 teams, and ask all other team sports to cut rosters by 1 (except water polo, as it already has been cut) to get extra athlete quotas. However, I doubt that would ever happen.