website statistics

Biathlon IBU Junior & Youth World Championships 2018

ahjfcshfghb

2 minutes ago, Werloc said:

A friendly reminder to Biathlon fans, Youth and Junior World Championships are starting tomorrow morning with two individual races :)

As soon as the women's 30k in Pyeongchang finished I started F5'ing biathlonresults for the start lists :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

As soon as the women's 30k in Pyeongchang finished I started F5'ing biathlonresults for the start lists :d 

I didn't really get to see any Olympics this year due to an extreme workload at the time :d Just caught some biathlon races here and there and still had to skip some lectures to catch the men's sprint/pursuit. Probably won't be able to follow these championships live either, but I'm a very avid results reader :d

Elvira Öberg (Hanna's younger sister indeed) vs Anastasia Shevchenko for the youth women's individual gold in Otepää. Öberg with 1 miss after all shootings, Shevchenko has 1 too but still has the 4th shooting to go.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Miss for Shevchenko, that'll be gold for Öberg. It does look like either Öberg shot very slow or Shevchenko very fast...the Russian arrived at shooting 4 with 15 seconds behind, missed one shot more, but only lost 15 seconds.

7xhYooZ.png

You know how biathlon always takes talented cross-country skiers and teaches them to shoot in the quest of forming the perfect biathlete?

I know that Serbia definitely has some great athletes in shooting, maybe an experiment is in order to see how good they'd be on skis?

2018-02-26.png.8db2361bd46e51ffc9cb8fbbd5ce7a66.png

Hm, we opened these championships with a 31st place from Romanov (and an amazing last lap, I might add) and a 39th place from Jesipionok (1st range time, 4 total shooting time).

Other than that, the day was marked with uncharacteristically bad shooting. Best shot of the day from our team was Romanov with 2+2+0+0.

Dindaitė failed the standing shooting miserably with 0+4+0+3.

Very below average shooting performances for Fomin, Kaznačenko and Mačkinė (though some might argue that Mačkinė always misses half the targets in every race)

Though, there are good signs as well, even though Romanov took a higher placement today, I think that all eyes are on Ana, whom would have won bronze if she stayed clear. Also, it's very interesting how Linas Banys will do in his races, I'm expecting more good results, because Otepaa is just like racing at home for our folks.