website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Your Trips & Holidays Thread

bestmen

16 hours ago, hckosice said:

very nice promo, IMO the best SVK promo I´ve seen :wub:

Good idea!

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Right. Not a trip, but it was during the holidays, so it counts. Three deer (symbol of my town, apparently) at the market square during the holiday period :d

Spoiler

dgRBcZX.jpg

Old lighthouse in Urk, which used to be an island, but is not anymore. Still fishery is the main thing there, besides tourism, and one can eat some quite tasty fish there.

Spoiler

mVGmA7k.jpg

The reason trains were not driving in or near Bodenmais, deep in the Bavarian Forest in Germany.

Spoiler

XCcdjcZ.jpg

Trying to smuggle broccoli onto my dinner plate. Haha, those silly Germans.

Spoiler

LJNpIpA.png

Podium ceremony at the IBU Cup women's sprint in Arber.

Spoiler

oTSzlbc.jpg

Bodenmais by night.

Spoiler

1uJmTId.jpg

Made a snowman.

Spoiler

w7aeL29.png

Snowman had a rather bad night.

Spoiler

SRR6l45.jpg

Later on day two. RIP snowman.

Spoiler

EUCd5Q4.jpg

Sunset at the local lake (Veluwemeer). It was a 15-minute trip by bike to get there, so it counts.

Spoiler

pbcGJr8.jpg

Triple chocolate dessert in Utrecht (called 'Chocolate, Chocolate and Chocolate').

Spoiler

8hgC9PI.png

Hoping to have made @dcro happy. Kind regards, heywoodu.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Triple chocolate dessert in Utrecht (called 'Chocolate, Chocolate and Chocolate').

Reveal hidden contents

then  you sell chocolate , say the truth :mad:

Spoiler

15372045681.gif

• 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, dcro said:

@phelps @Gianlu33 @Sindo @Dunadan @AlFHg

Looks like I will be going to Venice next month. Can you give me some tips? :d

Drink a lot of water before leaving Croatia, half a liter bottle may cost around 5 euro in the centre...:d

46 minutes ago, Sindo said:

Drink a lot of water before leaving Croatia, half a liter bottle may cost around 5 euro in the centre...:d

Well it is Venice so you could just bring a portable water distiller right? I mean the city floods on a regular basis

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, dcro said:

@phelps @Gianlu33 @Sindo @Dunadan @AlFHg

Looks like I will be going to Venice next month. Can you give me some tips? :d

Never been in Venice, but it is true that it is very very expensive, so consider this and CHECK the prices on the menu before you eat somewhere there: sometimes it is really difficult to realize how expensive can be that city. From Venice, if you wish to visit near cities and places, probably the easiest to be reached are Trieste, Padova (Padua) and Verona. Apart from San Marco and the cathedral, you should have a tour on a gondola, it is a must there