website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Your Trips & Holidays Thread

bestmen

On 01/07/2018 at 01:20, konig said:

Well, finally we will go to Europe, basically to Spain, France, England and Italy.

Tips/recomendations of places to visit or things to do?

Basque Country! I only was on the French part of the region (except for San Sebastian), but I loved it, love that the mountains and the sea "meet". Brittany is another beautiful region (well, mostly its coasts), as well as Alsace and of course Provence and its little gorgeous villages :wub: but I'm not really helping because they are all far away from each other :lol:

There are so many things to see that it's impossible to choose

15 hours ago, Wanderer said:

I'll be in Italy for a week during August (Bergamo and Tuscany (Florence mostly)) :cheer: 

Tell me after the trip your impression about Florence, some argentinians told me that is the most beautiful italian cty.

11 hours ago, Bohemia said:

Basque Country! I only was on the French part of the region (except for San Sebastian), but I loved it, love that the mountains and the sea "meet". Brittany is another beautiful region (well, mostly its coasts), as well as Alsace and of course Provence and its little gorgeous villages :wub: but I'm not really helping because they are all far away from each other :lol:

There are so many things to see that it's impossible to choose

We will be in Paris and Rennes for SURE, how many options for a few days!! :(

On 2/7/2018 at 12:21, Wanderer said:

I'll be in Italy for a week during August (Bergamo and Tuscany (Florence mostly)) :cheer: 

Florence is absolutely magnificent. Sadly I didn't get to enjoy it fully as I was there on a school trip where most others didn't quite find the history and architecture as exiting as me.

11 hours ago, konig said:

Only London and four days.

Four days is more than enough for London. You may be able to take the bus tour.. however, it's a must to ride the London Eye, and the river cruise (you can book them together). There are other associated attractions, but I am not sure they are very nice. The bus tour should give you an idea about the other important points, but I would say "British museum", "national gallery museum", "St. Paul's Cathedral", and Parliament square leading to Trafalgar square and passing by Downing Street where the prime minister resides. Some people are interested in Hyde Park and Buckingham Palace, so please ask your hotel about the time of the change of guards.. that's the nicest thing about them.. When are you coming (dates)?!!!