website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Your Trips & Holidays Thread

bestmen

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

I am pretty sure I visited this road too lol, That is a coffee shop to the right?

Yes, very good!!, i didnt know that you visited Japan too :yes

Edited by konig

On 30/6/2018 at 20:20, konig said:

Well, finally we will go to Europe, basically to Spain, France, England and Italy.

Tips/recomendations of places to visit or things to do?

Somebody can say something to this :p

On 6/30/2018 at 16:20, konig said:

Well, finally we will go to Europe, basically to Spain, France, England and Italy.

I've been to Spain but when I was about 6 months old so I don't remember it. But, I' went to Italy about 3 years ago and loved it! I'm not sure where your going in Italy but assuming your going to Rome some of my favorite things I did was obviously get some gelato, visit Vatican City, and overall just enjoy and soak in all the amazing architecture (we don't have much here in the US). I'm not sure how set in stone your trip is but if you get the chance the country side is absolutely stunning and there are some amazing pizza places all throughout! Not sure if this was any help but I hope you have a fun time and I'm going to France in February (school trip) so I might need some advice from you on what to expect! 

47 minutes ago, Rdbc said:

I've been to Spain but when I was about 6 months old so I don't remember it. But, I' went to Italy about 3 years ago and loved it! I'm not sure where your going in Italy but assuming your going to Rome some of my favorite things I did was obviously get some gelato, visit Vatican City, and overall just enjoy and soak in all the amazing architecture (we don't have much here in the US). I'm not sure how set in stone your trip is but if you get the chance the country side is absolutely stunning and there are some amazing pizza places all throughout! Not sure if this was any help but I hope you have a fun time and I'm going to France in February (school trip) so I might need some advice from you on what to expect! 

Hey we have the St. Louis Arch and the Holleyweed :p sign

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Rdbc said:

Thanks for the answer, we will go to Rome and Venice in Italy, in my return, i will say to you things of France, the country in which we will stay more.

3 hours ago, konig said:

Thanks for the answer, we will go to Rome and Venice in Italy, in my return, i will say to you things of France, the country in which we will stay more.

Rome and Venice are very touristical city, there are hundreds of things to see in Rome, non that much in Venice. The only suggestion I can give you is to be careful of traps for tourists such as bars or restaurants in the main squares of the cities. A bottle of water or a coffee which normally cost 1 euro may cost even up to 3/4 euro there and you feel horrible when they just want to steal you money because you are a tourist. I know sometimes is not that easy, but try to buy things in supermarkets and try not to have lunch/dinner in the very centre of the city.

With Tripadvisor you can easily find the names of restaurants with a good ration of quality/price, and you absolutely have to try a "carbonara" in Rome. As for the pizza, it's better if you eat it in Rome rather than Venice.

On 01/07/2018 at 00:20, konig said:

Where in England will you be visiting? London? How many days will you be staying?