website statistics

Sports Scandals

bestmen

5 hours ago, NaBUru38 said:

The Finland player obviously clashes with the American goalkeeper, but the goal interference applies when the goalkeeper is inside the area. To judge that, I would need to know the rules properly.

IIHF statement about the situation..

Two IIHF Playing Rules were considered in this instance:

-According to IIHF Playing Rule 186 v. Goaltender and Goal/Goal Crease Disallowed: An attacking skater who makes contact other than incidental with a goaltender who is out of his goal crease during game action will be assessed a minor penalty for interference. If a goal is scored at this time, it will not count.

-According to IIHF Playing Rule 183 ii. Protection of a Goaltender: Incidental contact is allowed when the goaltender is in the act of playing the puck outside his goal crease, provided the attacking skater makes a reasonable effort to minimize or avoid such contact.

Taking these two rules into consideration, the IIHF Video Goal Judge Operations determined that the goal must be disallowed.

At first view I don´t see any interest of the FIN player to make a contact with the goalie, who had literally only a part of her foot in the crease...this is just too strict reading of the rules IMO, this would be a good goal in 1 of 100 other matches...

but well, sometimes the rules works for some and sometimes not...this reminds me of this, when suddenly there were no problem to allow the goal

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Maybe not the best topic, but I wanted to tell this story. You read the scores correct, the matches ended with 91-1 and 0-95, both winning teams tried to achieve better goal difference than the other. There is a suspect of cheating.

Polish_20220705_175406514.png