website statistics

Sports Scandals

bestmen

4 horas atrás, vinipereira disse:

I'm shocked. If this turns out to be true, and it must be since there are many people accusing the coach, this guy is a monster. In short: former national team coach Fernando Lopes has been accused by 42 male gymnasts of sexually abusing, physically and morally insulting them when they were children (as young as 10 years old). The first report report was around 2001, and the last one was in 2016, when Lopes was formally removed from his position one month before the Olympic Games. According to reports from the gymnasts to the newspaper O Globo, Lopez touched the private areas of the boys, slept with them, broke into the bathroom while they showered, and even asked them to masturbate in front of him (one of the guys said Lopes masturbated him while he was sleeping). Investigations were formally started in 2016, but the process has been slow, so the newspaper decided to publicly disclose the whole story. This is infuriating and unacceptable. I hope the guy rots in jail.

Edited by thiago_simoes

4 horas atrás, vinipereira disse:

Honestly, I'm sad for Petrix Barbosa, who I always thought never got to fulfill his potential - and now we may know why. Good for him on being brave enough and speak out.

Performance-wise, I believe he reached the peak of his career in 2011, but I think he's simply not as naturally talented as Hypolito or Sasaki, for example. Now, I heard that one of the big names in our country verbally confronted a minor about his sexuality during a training session (he said things like "we only have faggots in this sport, I can't take it anymore"), to everyone's shock. But now I see that maybe the guy sees gay people as sick people thanks to that insane coach. Of course this is untrue, harmful and full or prejudice, but at least there seems to be an "explanation" for his declared homophobia. Nevertheless, this is sick and brutal. I can imagine how bad the victims feel, and how this situation is stressful for everyone. And for everybody to know this happened, including head coach Marcos Goto, and not doing anything about it, anything at all, just makes everything even more infuriating. 

Now that we're talking about sex abuse in sports, there's also a story going on about Russian biathlon coach Sergey Tutmin, who apparently tried to get athlete Anna Moiseeva in his bed several times. All kinds of audio recordings where he 'advices' here that he should give her some massages and obviously she should take off certain clothes. She refused, which was a choice he gave her, although he rather clearly said that refusing him meant no help, good equipment whatsoever anymore. Oh, Moiseeva is 17.

:sick:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 3 months later...
On 19-1-2018 at 18:07, thiago_simoes said:

Former USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar has been accused by 150 girls

Aaaaaand he's been messed up in jail.

https://eu.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/08/19/nassar-transferred-holdover-prison-after-assault/1036296002/?_sp=48352100-1efe-45a3-b3c5-ce69f169c998.1534838838861

Spoiler

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
hace 12 horas, hckosice dijo:

and here is what happened yesterday, make a oppinion by yourself

The Finland player obviously clashes with the American goalkeeper, but the goal interference applies when the goalkeeper is inside the area. To judge that, I would need to know the rules properly.