website statistics

BMX Cycling 2016 Discussion Thread

Werloc

14 countries have at least one rider in the men's 1/4 finals.

Most of them are countries who are more or less sure to take quota places from the national rankings (Germany and Venezuela ar the only ones that seems to be out of that race).

I believe it's looking pretty good for a danish place in the men's conmpetition in Rio, though I'm not sure at all.

Silver for Kimmann, that's a nice surprise :cheer:

And very impressive riders for Van Gendt, Van Benthem, Judy Baauw, Merel Smulders and Ruby Huisman today, this is looking good for the future :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

33 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Silver for Kimmann, that's a nice surprise :cheer:

well, considering that he was the defending champion, I wouln't name his medal "surprise"...;)

by the way, those are the Supercross Final Results...

Men's Elite

1 - :FRA DAUDET Joris

2 - :NED KIMMANN Niek

3 - :USA LONG Nicholas

Women's Elite

1 - :COL PAJON Mariana

2 - :AUS BUCHANAN Caroline

3 - :USA POST Alise

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

well, considering that he was the defending champion, I wouln't name his medal "surprise"...;)

Well, last year's results don't really mean so much anymore one year later :p

This year he really was not in shape at all...bad moves, not strong enough to overtake the places he lost in the first turn and so on. So considering the more recent months, him winning a medal definitely is kind of a surprise :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!