Linesmens:  TBD, TBD

Line Ups Link TBD, Ice Palace, Moscow

20:15 (GMT +3)

PRELIMINARY ROUND - GROUP B

:CAN Canada vs Finland :FIN

Referees:  TBD, TBD

Linesmens:  TBD, TBD

Line Ups Link TBD, Yubileiny, St. Petersburg

* The streams will be geo-blocked in some countries.

** Referees and Line-Ups will be announced usually 3-4 hours before the first match, will be added in the schedule later.

vor 57 Minuten schrieb VolleyRuller96:

Well, no offense,  but i think it's wrong to cheat like losing on purpose and destroys the competition... I know many countries and   teams are doing this, but stil... and if you would only cheat  in order to avoid  hard opponents and play versus the weaker ones, then even if you'd qualify even to the final somehow, you wouldn't deserve it.

Well, no offense, but i dont care what you think about it. We should try everything to have the easiest possible opponent in the next round without breaking any rules and by winning against Hungary why basically decided to play against the strongest possible opponent in the next round, which is just stupid and not "fair play". I think you can only call it cheating if rules are broken and by losing on purpose you dont break any rules, so its not cheating. Would it also have been cheating if we wouldve lost against Hungary by giving all our best players a break and playing with our weaker players instead? Many teams in all team sports do that an no one really complains about it, although its basically the same. You last sentence doesnt make any sense to me. Why wouldnt we deserve to reach the final if we beat a team like Czech Republic in the quarterfinal and then a team like Finland/Canada/Russia in the semifinal? We still wouldve beaten 2 of the 4 best teams, so we clearly wouldve deserved to reach the final even if we wouldve lost against Hungary today. In the end the only thing that matters is whether we hurt some other team by losing against Hungary or not. Only Belarus couldve complained, because Hungary wouldve been behind France and Slovakia even with a win against us today. Belarus lost against Hungary so you have to ask yourself whether they really deserved to be ahead of Hungary or not. In addition to that they still will be behind Hungary in the end if they dont win against France tomorrow, so unless they win against France tomorrow, the result of our match today wouldve had no impact on the table any way. I think we should first care about what is best for us and then we should try to not have a negative impact on other teams with our results, but if we can improve our situation by losing on purpose then we should always do it, without giving a s**t about what other people think.

We for example expected Turkey to beat Netherlands at the european qualification event in womens volleyball this year and then Turkey lost on purpose and we therefore missed Rio, i have enough of it that we always are the nice guys while everyone else just cares about their own interests. Its the same in sport and politics, we dont have to be friends with other nations, we should only care about our own interests.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

7 hours ago, hckosice said:

Today was the last match of Kazakhstan at this years world champs. the "elevator" team return back to division I A once again. Kazakhstan is also the only team which have not listen their national anthem at this years championships, as the team didn´t win any match. :(

Kazakhstan beated Switzerland in the first round, so we could hear all national anthems. :)

and as expected game over for us. another fiasco, cmon it´s the 3rd time in a row we will not play the quarter finals. It´s a real disaster for us.  :( now I expect something to change in our federation, because this is a huge failure and caused mainly because of the leaders of our federation and their bad, very bad relations with our top players. things must change because we can not play such tournaments with a "B" or even a "C" team like this year.

I accept the fact that we have to rejuvenate the team, but we need to use at least one line of our top NHL players.unfortunately anyone of them will never play in our team untill the president of the federation will resign...