website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2018

AlFHg

47 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Rings and pommel horse are the easiest apparatus to predict the medalists, in my opinion. Three gymnasts in the world are ahead of the pack in each apparatus, so there's a big chance they will be the medalists: Rhys, Whitlock and Chih-kai on the pommel horse, Zanetti, Çolak and Radivilov on rings. Of course there's always a Chinese or a Japanese who could come in and spoil our party, though. 

I really hope so, any medal would be lovely. I saw a report (I think on the news) recently where they were talking to Max Whitlock and it was showing some clips of his pommel in training and his routine was looking very good.

26 minutos atrás, intoronto disse:

What do you think of Canada's performance?

Pommel horse was a complete disaster. The performances on the other apparatus ranged from average to good. 8th place as a team is a nice result. There's hope for Cournoyer to qualify to the all-around final, and I don't think the team set other goals besides an eventual all-around final (and placing in the top 24 as a team, which has been achieved already).

Apparently Uchimura either wasn't going for the all-around or didn't finish it? There goes my prediction :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Prediction contest. What will be the highest number?

A - Score of the leading qualifier in the men's all-around.

B - Total number of spectators in the arena.

:dunno:

To be fair, there might be some expats joining in once the (for a general audience) more interesting action (finals) starts. You know, like 150 people maybe :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!