website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2018

AlFHg

53 minutos atrás, intoronto disse:

@thiago_simoes Any thoughts on Team Canada?

I like the team on paper a lot, but Padurariu and Dénomée have not scored very high this year, Moors has not competed in international events in a long time (I can't even remember when) and Olsen's last international showing was over six months ago. If Black is in good shape (and I think she is) there's hope for good results. The problem is that this team is very different from the team that won the CWG. On paper, they are great, though -- based on quality alone, I'd say top 5 at Worlds -- but it's hard to predict how well they will perform. 

44 minutos atrás, IoNuTzZ disse:

Denisa Golgota has muscle contracture. She get this injury at Silivaș..

Is she going to recover on time for the World Championships? And if I understood correctly, she was injured performing a Silivas (double twisting somersault), right?

3 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Excited for Olympic qualification events to get started after a month break. Can't wait to start blogging again :p

I really like reading the vlog, keep it up :thumbup:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Is she going to recover on time for the World Championships? And if I understood correctly, she was injured performing a Silivas (double twisting somersault), right?

Yes she was injured performing a Silivas(for the Worlds she training FTDLO, Silivas and Amanar). Right now no one knows if she going to revover for Worlds

Germany will be without Tabea Alt (bronze medallist on balance beam from last year) and Pauline Schäfer (gold medallist on balance beam from last year), so the chances for a medal are very close to zero. The women's team will also need a lot of luck to finish top 8.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

8 horas atrás, IoNuTzZ disse:

Yes she was injured performing a Silivas(for the Worlds she training FTDLO, Silivas and Amanar). Right now no one knows if she going to revover for Worlds

Amanar? Really? Well, Romania might not be nearly as doomed as I thought. Golgota might save the day if she recovers on time.

2018 Commonwealth Games Men’s All-Around Champion Nile Wilson is out of the competition. He tore his back finger ligaments during a sepelt (or something like that) on the parallel bars. He released a video on YouTube explaining it today

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Em 10/14/2018 at 14:14, IoNuTzZ disse:

Her Amanar was definitely not ready, but the Silivas was pretty good. What an unfortunate moment to get injured. :cry: I wish her a speedy recovery. She's Romania's only hope, in my opinion, for good results (at least until 2020).

Edited by thiago_simoes

9 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Her Amanar was definitely not ready, but the Silivas was pretty good. What an unfortunate moment to get injured. :cry: I wish her a speedy recovery. She's Romania's only hope, in my opinion, for good results (at least until 2020).

The Amanar in this video is from april-may. In an interview she said that she will be at the worlds and she has a more difficult second vault, nothing about Amanar.