website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2018

AlFHg

Just now, Col_Frost said:

Netherlands are at 10th place, only first eight will be in final so it's impossible, I'm affraid.

Too bad, but that was to be expected. Nothing to be ashamed of for the team. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I'm nervous for Egypt. I want the team to stay in the top 24 so they can qualify for the next World Championships, but it is going to be next to impossible. Egypt is currently 24th with four teams to go.

Argentina is 23rd and I want the team to hang onto the top 24 as well, but it's going to be really tough.

13 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I'm nervous for Egypt. I want the team to stay in the top 24 so they can qualify for the next World Championships, but it is going to be next to impossible. Egypt is currently 24th with four teams to go.

Egypt will qualify anyway as best African team.

18 minutos atrás, Dunadan disse:

Egypt will qualify anyway as best African team.

Is this a new rule? 

Edit: Never mind. The top 24 rule does not exist anymore, so yay!

For teams:
-The top three teams from the 2018 World Championships qualify to the Olympic Games. 
-The The top nine teams (not including those already qualified) from the 2019 World Championships will also advance, forming the 12 teams who will compete in the team event. 
*The 2019 Worlds will be open to all federations who wish to send a team, whereas currently the year before the Olympics only the top 24 teams from the previous year's Worlds are able to compete.

Edited by thiago_simoes

9 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Is this a new rule? 

Yes, according to Tokyo 2020 qualification document if a continent doesn't have a team among top 24 at this World Championships edition, then the 1st place at next year's Continental Championships shall take 24th, 23rd or even 22nd position, as long as the continental championships are held before 2019 Worlds. If not then the best team of that continent at this year's world championships will represent said continent at 2019 World Championships.

15 minut temu, thiago_simoes napisał:

*The 2019 Worlds will be open to all federations who wish to send a team, whereas currently the year before the Olympics only the top 24 teams from the previous year's Worlds are able to compete.

2 minuty temu, mrv86 napisał:

Yes, according to Tokyo 2020 qualification document if a continent doesn't have a team among top 24 at this World Championships edition, then the 1st place at next year's Continental Championships shall take 24th, 23rd or even 22nd position, as long as the continental championships are held before 2019 Worlds. If not then the best team of that continent at this year's world championships will represent said continent at 2019 World Championships.

I see a small contradiction.

1 minutę temu, mrv86 napisał:

Qualification document, as of September this year. Take a look at page 3, Team Qualification Criteria 2

That explains the doubts, thank you. For clarity, I never said you were wrong, I just wanted to know who was right ;) 

Unfortunately that complicates situation of Polish team. Only one team of three can have a better place.

The document says:

2019 World Championships – Team Qualification
(4 – 13 October 2019)

Participation rights:
Restricted NOC participation. The 24 highest ranked teams of the 2018 
World Championships (including the three (3) teams already qualified 
for the Olympic Games), based on the results of Qualifications will be 
entitled to participate. 
If a continent is not represented among the 24 teams, the highest
ranked team from the 2019 Continental Championships concerned will 
be allocated a team of five (5) athletes and one (1) reserve. In addition, 
in case no Championships take place in 2019 in the continent 
concerned before the provisional registration deadline of the 2019 
World Championships, then the highest ranked team from the Continent 
concerned, based on the team ranking results of the Qualifications of 
the 2018 World Championships will be allocated a team of five (5) 
athletes and one (1) reserve

but there's nothing about Taking away the spot of the 24th,23rd,...team

Edited by Dunadan