website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2018

AlFHg

3 hours ago, Dunadan said:

I don't like this at all, I would use the qualification result as tiebreaker.

Yep. Even using placement points or something (like 1 for the highest score on an apparatus, 2 for the 2nd score and so on) would seem more fair than letting the absolute highest score decide, considering on some things it's relatively easier to get a higher score.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, wumo26 said:

It's a tie!  But Dalaloyan wins with the highest sum of the final apparatus scores. ( add the total of the 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 of the highest final apparatus) 

Wait, it's not the highest individual score that counts? Edit, just read it's something else entirely :d 

But the FIG breaks ties by dropping the gymnast's lowest event score and taking the execution scores of the remaining five events. Whoever has the highest execution total wins the tie.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, wumo26 said:

Nope. It's the sum of the 5 highest scores. Not confusing at all. :p

image.thumb.png.45132c4e35ac7d57e202b3744c4338ee.png

So now FloGymnastics is wrong? :lol:

https://www.flogymnastics.com/articles/6261040-russias-artur-dalaloyan-wins-gold-at-2018-gymnastics-worlds-in-qatar

This seems like rather poor English either on my side or in the rules, but what's "the highest sum of the final apparatus scores"? 

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

So now FloGymnastics is wrong? :lol:

https://www.flogymnastics.com/articles/6261040-russias-artur-dalaloyan-wins-gold-at-2018-gymnastics-worlds-in-qatar

This seems like rather poor English either on my side or in the rules, but what's "the highest sum of the final apparatus scores"? 

This is from FloGymnastics.

"But the FIG breaks ties by dropping the gymnast's lowest event score and taking the execution scores of the remaining five events. Whoever has the highest execution total wins the tie".

According to FloGymnastics rule number 1 does not exist because they take rule number 2 in account?...

This is how I understand it. There are 6 apparatus in the final. If two gynmnasts are tied. This happens:

Add the 5 highest scores the gymnast has scored in the final.

(Dalaloyan and Ruoteng, delete their worst score)

image.thumb.png.f8dbfa845057c4f76568927bc57f1dd9.png

Add the 5 other scores.

Dalaloyan final score, with worst score deleted: 74,198 points

Ruoteng final score, with worst score deleted: 73,465 points

I.e Dalaloyan wins gold.

This is Russia’s first gold of the World Championships in men’s all-around event in almost 20 years. Last time a Russian gymnast won gold in this event was at the 1999 Artistic Gymnastics World Championships and it was won by Russian gymnast Nikolai Kryukov