website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2018

AlFHg

53 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I'm nervous for Egypt. I want the team to stay in the top 24 so they can qualify for the next World Championships, but it is going to be next to impossible. Egypt is currently 24th with four teams to go.

Argentina is 23rd and I want the team to hang onto the top 24 as well, but it's going to be really tough.

Dont' worry, both :ARG & :EGY will make it to next's year. Is the Czech women who must be on the verge of tears :cry:

17 minutos atrás, mrv86 disse:

Qualification document, as of September this year. Take a look at page 3, Team Qualification Criteria 2

FIG and their stupid rules. Thank you for sharing.

From what I understand, the top 24 teams advance to the 2019 World Championships and then one African team will also receive an extra quota based on the performance at the 2019 African Artistic Gymnastics Championships, so Egypt is not guaranteed a team as of yet (unless there's no team competition at the 2019 African Championships, or the championships is not held). So the Czech Republic will be allowed to compete as a team at the 2019 Worlds.

Anyway, I'm happy things turned out to be like this. Egypt will probably be given one quota anyway (or qualify at the African Championships), and the Czech Republic still managed to qualify at the very last second. I'm glad we'll be able to see Ponizilova and Holasova at the 2019 Worlds!

Edited by thiago_simoes

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

What an exciting final! :clap:

China wins the Men's Team final with a small margin of 0.049 points to Russia. Japan takes the bronze medal. 

All three nations secure their nation a team quota in the Men's Team competition at the 2020 Olympics. 

Men's Team

Gold:CHN China 256.634 points

Silver - :RUS Russia 256.585 points

Bronze - :JPN Japan 253.744 points

Men's Team - Tokyo 2020 Olympics Quotas

:CHN China

:RUS Russia

:JPN Japan 

Edited by wumo26

fo

il y a 1 minute, wumo26 a déclaré:

What an exciting final! :clap:

China wins the Men's team final with a small margin of 0.049 points to Russia. Japan takes the bronze medal. 

All three nations secure their nation a spot in the Men's Team competition at the 2020 Olympics. 

Men's Team

Gold:CHN China 256.634 points

Silver - :RUS Russia 256.585 points

Bronze - :JPN Japan 253.744 points

Men's Team - Tokyo 2020 Olympics Quotas.

:CHN China

:RUS Russia

:JPN Japan 

4 quotas for team ? japan host country , united-states qualified !!

Edited by Benolympique

17 minuti fa, Benolympique ha scritto:

fo

No, host is guaranteed one male and one female only if it doesn't obtain any qualified athletes per gender in normal qualification pathways. So Japan now has 4 quotas in male + 1 guaranteed in female, and the male host country quota will be reallocated as an all-around quota in 2019 WC in Stuttgart.

For the other question, yes, 4 quotas per team :)

Edited by AlFHg

3 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

fo

3 team quotas. A team quota place (4 athletes).

USA hasn't qualified yet. Japan has a host quota, but they can still qualifiy (secure quota) through the normal qualification process like every other nation. 

il y a 2 minutes, AlFHg a déclaré:

No, host is guaranteed one male and one female only if it doesn't obtain any qualified athletes per gender in normal qualification pathways. So Japan now has 4 quotas in male + 1 guaranteed in female, and the male host country quota will be reallocated as an all-around quota in 2019 WC in Stuttgart.

For the other question, yes, 4 quotas per team :)

thanks !!!!!