website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2018

AlFHg

Germany is the biggest surprise thus far, scoring 161 and placing third ahead of the Netherlands and Belgium. With China, France, Brazil, Canada, Great Britain and Russia to go, they are not safe for a team final, but I'd say they are pretty damn close. Italy has an outside chance to make team finals, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Scoring over 161 is not easy for Italy, but who knows? Romania unfortunately has no chance at all. I don't want to be pessimistic, but with the great scores teams like Australia and Argentina achieved, even placing in the top 20 would be a good result for Romania.

Edited by thiago_simoes

2 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Biles and Hurd with the top scores for the USA on the uneven bars was not expected at all. In fact, Biles with the second best score in this competition on the uneven bars, only behind Belgium's Derwael, is absolutely CRAZY. 

If you ask me, this Simone Biles might be quite some talent and I think we'll hear more of her.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 horas atrás, heywoodu disse:

If you ask me, this Simone Biles might be quite some talent and I think we'll hear more of her.

But she's never been that good on the uneven bars, at least not enough to challenge for a medal at the World Championships. And now she's 0.2 behind the clear front runner for the title. Insane.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb thiago_simoes:

Germany is the biggest surprise thus far, scoring 161 and placing third ahead of the Netherlands and Belgium. With China, France, Brazil, Canada, Great Britain and Russia to go, they are not safe for a team final, but I'd say they are pretty damn close. Italy has an outside chance to make team finals, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Scoring over 161 is not easy for Italy, but who knows? Romania unfortunately has no chance at all. I don't want to be pessimistic, but with the great scores teams like Australia and Argentina achieved, even placing in the top 20 would be a good result for Romania.

Huge surprise indeed, it's safe to say that Germany could have scored 165 points or more with Alt and Schäfer in the team.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.