website statistics

Equestrian FEI World Games 2018

AlFHg

Time for driving, the last of the 8 disciplines to commence at this WEG.

Somehow expectedly, driving suffered the most from WEG being held outside of Europe. Only 19 carriages will enter, meaning less than half compared to 4 years ago... Defending team medalists from :HUN Hungary didn't even bother to send anyone. :dunno:

Today we start with dressage, marathon phase will be held tomorrow, while Sunday's cones will be the final event of the entire WEG.

#banbestmen

5 hours ago, dcro said:

What a great 7am reception. :thumbup:@OlympicIRL

So great to see the team get a well-deserved big reception for their arrival home. Well done to all who came out to greet the team at such an early hour of the morning, our fans never cease to amaze me :)

3 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

So will today finally be the day that Ireland qualifies a showjumping team for the Olympics since Athens 2004?

Crazy to think that it's been so long, but I still would not bet on it. Tough teams ahead and behind us in the standings.

I will be amazed if they qualify. We need two clears unless the course rides very tough. Can see Britain and France overhaul us and cant see any weak teams ahead that we can pass. At least if 5 European teams qualify we have a better chance at Europeans next year.