website statistics

Sailing WS World Championships 2018

AlFHg

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

Mixed day for our 49ers, with some excellent highlights (Fantela brothers achieving our second race victory in Aarhus...). Lasers are back on track after a poor day, while RS:Xs were quite decent.

We will not take more than 3 Olympic quotas here, but I am quite confident we'll qualify in 7/10 classes by the end.

Wait, there are already Olympic quotas up for grabs? :yikes:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

We got some more classic Aarhus weather and it seems like it gave the Danish sailors the home water advantage that we hoped for.

Fantastic to see Ida and Marie in the lead and Rindom as well. 

Also a very fine start from our RS:X sailors and decent from Lin and CP.

Som very fine races from the 49ers but they need to be more consistent to get the Olympic quota that we hoped for there.

day #4 recap

Men's Laser (6 races): :NZL Sam Meech 9 pts, :AUS Luke Elliott & :AUS Matthew Wearn tied with 13 pts

Women's Laser Radial (6 races): :DEN Marie Rindom 13 pts, :NOR Line Flem Host 20 pts, :USA Paige Riley 22 pts

*Finn (6 races): :GBR Ed Wright 22 pts, :SWE Max Salminen 22 pts, :NED Nicholas Heiner 22 pts

*Men's 470 (6 races): :SWE Anton Dahlberg/Fredrik Bergstrom 15 pts, :JPN Keiju Okada/Jumpei Okazono 20 pts, :JPN Tetsuya Isozaki/Akira Takayanagi & :AUS Mathew Belcher/William Ryan tied with 21 pts

*Women's 470 (6 races): :JPN Ai Kondo Yoshida/Miho Yoshioka 17 pts, :GBR Hannah Mills/Eilidh McIntyre 19 pts, :FRA Camille Lecointre/Aloise Retornaz 27 pts

Men's 49er (5 races): :FRA Lucas Rual/Emile Amoros 9 pts, :NZL Logan Dunning Beck/Oscar Gunn 13 pts, :NZL Josh Porebski/Trent Rippey 14 pts

Women's 49er FX (5 races): :DEN Ida Marie Baad Nielsen/Marie Thusgaard Olsen 11 pts, :GBR Charlotte Dobson/Saskia Tidey 13 pts, :DEN Jena Hansen/Katja Slskov-Iversen 15 pts

Men's RS:X (2 races): :FRA Louis Giard & :ITA Daniele Benedetti tied with 2 pts, :NED Kiran Badloe & :NED Dorian Van Rijsselberge tied with 3 pts

Women's RS:X (2 races): :GBR Saskia Sills 5 pts, :NED  Lilian De Geus 7 pts, :ITA Marta Maggetti & :POL Maja Dziarnowska tied with 8 pts

Mixed Nacra 17 (3 races): :ITA Ruggero Tita/Caterina Marianna Banti 2 pts, :AUT  Thomas Zajac/Barbara Matz 3 pts, :ARG Santiago Lange/Cecilia Carranza Saroli & :ITA Vittorio Bissaro/Maelle Frascari tied with 4 pts

* = No races today

Not Olympic classes...

Men's Kiteboard (6 races): :FRA N. Parlier 5 pts, :FRA T. De Ramecourt 7 pts, :GBR O.Bridge 8 pts

Women's Kiteboard (6 races): :USA D. Moroz 4 pts, :GBR S.Bridge 13 pts, :FRA A.M. Desjardins 14 pts

Edited by phelps

1 godzinę temu, Vojthas napisał:

RS:X started today and finally great results of :POL Yes, we had some good ones before, but our windsurfers are our best class.

Currently we have virtually quotas in both RS:X, women's Laser Radial. Also we are one place away from quota in men's 49er and six away in women's 470. I hope that we will qualify in all those disciplines already here. In next year we should grab quota in men's Finn and men's Laser.

1 hour ago, Rdbc said:

I haven't ever watched Sailing before so if I understand this correctly you want the lowest amount of points? 

Always

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Rdbc said:

I haven't ever watched Sailing before so if I understand this correctly you want the lowest amount of points? 

You also are allowed to drop one race from your points total 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela