website statistics

Sailing WS World Championships 2018

AlFHg

day #3 recap

Men's Laser (4 races): :NZL Sam Meech 3 pts, :FIN Kaarle Tapper 5 pts, :AUS Tom Burton 7 pts

Women's Laser Radial (4 races): :USA Paige Riley 8 pts, :DEN Marie Rindom 9 pts, :NOR Line Flem Host 10 pts

Finn (6 races): :GBR Ed Wright 22 pts, :SWE Max Salminen 22 pts, :NED Nicholas Heiner 22 pts

Men's 470 (6 races): :SWE Anton Dahlberg/Fredrik Bergstrom 15 pts, :JPN Keiju Okada/Jumpei Okazono 20 pts, :JPN Tetsuya Isozaki/Akira Takayanagi & :AUS Mathew Belcher/William Ryan tied with 21 pts

Women's 470 (6 races): :JPN Ai Kondo Yoshida/Miho Yoshioka 17 pts, :GBR Hannah Mills/Eilidh McIntyre 19 pts, :FRA Camille Lecointre/Aloise Retornaz 27 pts

Men's 49er (3 races): :NZL Logan Dunning Beck/Oscar Gunn, :FRA Lucas Rual/Emile Amoros, :FRA Mathieu Frei/Noe Delpech & :POR Jorge Lima/Josè Costa all tied with 3 pts

Women's 49er FX (3 races): :DEN Jena Hansen/Katja Slskov-Iversen 2 pts, :NED Odile Van Aanholt/Marieke Jongens 3 pts, :DEN Ida Marie Baad Nielsen/Marie Thusgaard Olsen 4 pts

Pretty windy and cloudy today but still plenty of people greeting the Danish 49ers on their way to the race course with clapping and even a small Mexican wave.

A couple of pictures from some of the things for the spectators. They're really trying to create a great atmosphere to get people over here, not just the sailing fans.

The street food area with plenty of different choices

IMG-20180805-121621-thumb-jpg-e3811151b9

A small stage with music pretty much all day of all styles (a local brass band played Bach when the picture was taken). When we get to the days of the medal races, we have some decently big or upcoming Danish artists playing in the evening.

IMG-20180805-122253-thumb-jpg-35f336821d

I'll stay in the street food area :d 

What's the offer on different kinds of meat products? :cheer:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'll stay in the street food area :d 

What's the offer on different kinds of meat products? :cheer:

Got some decent fish&chips yesterday, but there are shawarma, different curries, sausages, gyros, gourmet burgers (I've had those before) and I'm sure that I'm forgetting something.

1 minute ago, Agger said:

Got some decent fish&chips yesterday, but there are shawarma, different curries, sausages, gyros, gourmet burgers (I've had those before) and I'm sure that I'm forgetting something.

That sounds delicious, delicious, delicious, delicious, delicious, delicious and I'm sure that I'm forgetting something.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

but I'm for fish and vegetables at most, rather than meat...

image.png.5e442f739c6c71095397f4be857b741a.png