website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2018 Replay Videos

• 7 months later...

So the Olympic Channel decided to make their videos literally unwatchable. Why ? well, Because of the super mighty dollar obviously. Since yesterday they completely changed the whole program, now you can not open any of the video replays without removing your addblocker and then the video is constantly stopped every 10 minutes or so by a add for toyota, coca cola etc... (sure they put you the option - skip the add) but this doesn´t help you since the add is and will automatically returning again in the middle of the video and again and again to the point it become extremely annoying and frustrating to watch it.

Well done IOC ! Money above everything else

Just now, hckosice said:

So the Olympic Channel decided to make their videos literally unwatchable. Why ? well, Because of the super mighty dollar obviously. Since yesterday they completely changed the whole program, now you can not open any of the video replays without removing your addblocker and then the video is constantly stopped every 10 minutes or so by a add for toyota, coca cola etc... (sure they put you the option - skip the add) but this doesn´t help you since the add is and will automatically returning again in the middle of the video and again and again to the point it become extremely annoying and frustrating to watch it.

Well done IOC ! Money above everything else

The Olympic Channel’s been like that for a few months now. YouTubes becoming the and way. I’d honestly pay a small monthly subscription fee for both not to watch commercials 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

The Olympic Channel’s been like that for a few months now. YouTubes becoming the and way. I’d honestly pay a small monthly subscription fee for both not to watch commercials 

Sure, but the PC 2018 videos were not until yesterday and since I am right into my "complete rewatching mode" unfortunately the sudden yesterdays changes are frustrating me a lot

Just now, hckosice said:

Sure, but the PC 2018 videos were not until yesterday and since I am right into my "complete rewatching mode" unfortunately the sudden yesterdays changes are frustrating me a lot

No I had the same problem in February when watching some Luge and Nordic Combined replays. It doesn’t bother me that much in all honesty. Plus, I’ve got a gazillion other games to watch too. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

No I had the same problem in February when watching some Luge and Nordic Combined replays. It doesn’t bother me that much in all honesty. Plus, I’ve got a gazillion other games to watch too. 

Maybe, But I assure you last 3-4 months it worked just perfectly, it was a real pleasure to re-watch a event after event. and now when I am almost finished ahead of the new winter season this happened and yes it bother me a lot.

12 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Maybe, But I assure you last 3-4 months it worked just perfectly, it was a real pleasure to re-watch a event after event. and now when I am almost finished ahead of the new winter season this happened and yes it bother me a lot.

Well the US Olympic Channel is also quite different the run of the mill Olympic Channel. We get all the OBS content, plus anything NBC has the rights to, which is all Olympic sports. So they may have trying out the new format in the US, and then pushed it out to the Global platform. That’s really the only thing I can think off, unless their advertising deals are more lucrative in the US.

• 6 months later...

what makes me angry about the Olympic Channel (Italian version, at least) is the fact that they also have an app for android TV/apple TV 4K, but basically it has only a small part of the content you can watch on the PC website...:wall:

and guess what's the part you can't watch on the app? of course it's the live extra feeds (the only available one is the regular Olympic Channel TV e the only extra events were the Olympic Boxing qualification tournaments, nothing else) and all the Olympic replays...

basically, the only consistent stuff are the mags/bios/special videos, but no "events"...

imho, they're just a bunch of idiots...