website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2018 Replay Videos

I want to thank hckosice for those links,they are more than useful. Even 2 years after launching,website is very user unfriendly. Videos are found only by typing name of event,there isnt any section where you can easily navigate through full events.

Since i saw some full events from previous games,maybe it would be nice to post links here or somewhere else on this forum.

24 minuti fa, ChandlerMne ha scritto:

I want to thank hckosice for those links,they are more than useful. Even 2 years after launching,website is very user unfriendly. Videos are found only by typing name of event,there isnt any section where you can easily navigate through full events.

Since i saw some full events from previous games,maybe it would be nice to post links here or somewhere else on this forum.

we already have a full thread with links to Rio 2016 events...:evil:

http://totallympics.com/index.php?/topic/531-summer-olympic-games-2016-replay-videos/

London 2012, instead, can be found almost entirely on youtube (with more user friendly searching criteria available)...;)

Edited by phelps

11 minutes ago, phelps said:

we already have a full thread with links to Rio 2016 events...:evil:

http://totallympics.com/index.php?/topic/531-summer-olympic-games-2016-replay-videos/

London 2012, instead, can be found almost entirely on youtube (with more user friendly searching criteria available)...;)

:d

I know about Rio,London and Vancouver which are,more or less,covered on YT and olympicchannel. 

I was reffering mainly to previous games,Sochi,Beijing,Torino and so on. I saw some full events from say Nagano,but OC is very confusing and i thought we could have similar thread with videos from Barcelona,Nagano,Lilechamer and others. It would be much easier to follow those games with links posted than to search it manualy through searchbar. If hckosice is busy or anything i am willing to post links i can find.

Adesso, ChandlerMne ha scritto:

:d

I know about Rio,London and Vancouver which are,more or less,covered on YT and olympicchannel. 

I was reffering mainly to previous games,Sochi,Beijing,Torino and so on. I saw some full events from say Nagano,but OC is very confusing and i thought we could have similar thread with videos from Barcelona,Nagano,Lilechamer and others. It would be much easier to follow those games with links posted than to search it manualy through searchbar. If hckosice is busy or anything i am willing to post links i can find.

OK, but in that case the problem is knowing which events do we find on YT?

I guess there are many things, but not listed in a rational way (I remember, for instance, that I saw some Barcelona and Atlanta wrestling matches, but uploaded by unofficial users, with very low quality and for sure not grouped with rationality)...

1 minute ago, phelps said:

OK, but in that case the problem is knowing which events do we find on YT?

I guess there are many things, but not listed in a rational way (I remember, for instance, that I saw some Barcelona and Atlanta wrestling matches, but uploaded by unofficial users, with very low quality and for sure not grouped with rationality)...

Exactly. I presume that watching 1992 boxing match with Swahili or Mongolian commentator and with 144p resolution isnt everyones cup of tea. Its so much better to watch it on OC,with great quality,legally and with good commentator,if any.

IOC made precedent with 2010 games by uploading it in entirety,followed by London games. Sochi was uploaded partially on YT,Rio just finals on OC. So,i hope that from now on IOC will cover games as they did with PyeongChang.

We could ask sindo are there any plans to upload previous games on YT but i know the answer. :d

9 minuti fa, ChandlerMne ha scritto:

Exactly. I presume that watching 1992 boxing match with Swahili or Mongolian commentator and with 144p resolution isnt everyones cup of tea. Its so much better to watch it on OC,with great quality,legally and with good commentator,if any.

IOC made precedent with 2010 games by uploading it in entirety,followed by London games. Sochi was uploaded partially on YT,Rio just finals on OC. So,i hope that from now on IOC will cover games as they did with PyeongChang.

We could ask sindo are there any plans to upload previous games on YT but i know the answer. :d

he already answered that question...and it was a clear "no"

what's been done, it's done...point.

p.s. however, I'd rather like to have all on YT...it would be easier to watch on TV through the many available smart devices (and it would also be downloadable, even if not exactly in a legal way)...:d

3 minutes ago, phelps said:

he already answered that question...and it was a clear "no"

what's been done, it's done...point.

p.s. however, I'd rather like to have all on YT...it would be easier to watch on TV through the many available smart devices (and it would also be downloadable, even if not exactly in a legal way)...:d

I could easily be mistaken but i think that he was reffering only to Rio games when i asked wheather qualifing events will be uploaded. You are right, i dont expect any new uploads on YT since they are probably planning to develop OC in sense of full events.

I also prefer YT since navigation is so easy. Also,with Chromecast and other devices you can watch everything in Full HD,on big screen. 

10 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

Thanks.

No worries, everything (available) will be added here in the next hours :yes

10 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

A rumor I can tell you is that they are going to change the website structure in the next months, using a different CMS. I can't tell you exactly when because originally they had to make the transition in November 2017, then March 2018 then they have again postponed it, but one day the whole structure will change :d