website statistics

Track Cycling UCI World Championships 2018

Totallympics

Just now, AlFHg said:

Sure, it's true, and that comes for the World Cup or similar. But why don't bring cycling in the main cities? I said it before, why don't try to create a circuit of criteria in the biggest cities?

One other thing that has just started floating in my mind is this: why don't make parallel sprint competitions, not by individuals but by teams? (I mean, Italians invented "the train" (sorry, can't say in other ways xD), why don't see which team/nation can be the one to beat?

Because the calendar is already pretty full, and you can't move something like the Ronde van Vlaanderen to the center of Bruxelles just because :p 

You would need quite a few new races for that (because moving existing races to big cities just because doesn't sound like a good idea), I think that's all going to be problematic. Anyway, personally I don't see problems with road cycling, it's popularity doesn't seem much different than before and the empty places are only when they go play in the desert for a bit because the sheikhs want them there. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minuti fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

Because the calendar is already pretty full, and you can't move something like the Ronde van Vlaanderen to the center of Bruxelles just because :p 

Obviously I don't want to remove existing events XD 

hace 2 horas, De_Gambassi said:

The 'popularity' of swimming is only worth of the million+ of medals they are giving away during each olympics. If it was not for that, it would just be just one olympic sports among others.

T&F is a different beast.

Disagree. Swimming is just like track (athletics). It's an essential intuitive human activity. 

il y a 7 minutes, carivan a déclaré:

Disagree. Swimming is just like track (athletics). It's an essential intuitive human activity. 

Disagree with what ? It has nothing to do with the lack of popularity* of the sport outside of the olympics.

*popularity as in spectators popularity which was @JoshMartini007point I believe.

Besides, that's a very debatable point. There have been billions of people who never learnt how to swimm through historty. I'm not even sure that the majority of people today knows how to swimm.

Oh well, day 1's program:

3Bk50i6.png

And the start lists and results and live stuff:

http://www.tissottiming.com/2018/ctrwch/nl-nl/Default/

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

hace 1 minuto, De_Gambassi said:

Disagree with what ? It has nothing to do with the lack of popularity* of the sport outside of the olympics.

*popularity as in spectators popularity which was @JoshMartini007point I believe.

Besides, that's a very debatable point. There have been billions of people who never learnt how to swimm through historty. I'm not even sure that the majority of people today knows how to swimm.

Popularity as in participation. Popularity as in spectators is asinine to begin with because the most popular sport doesn't even have one medal to its most popular event. But I'd argue its popularity is what brought the million medals, not the other way around.

RE: people not swimming.But the people "that matter" do. Centres of power have always been next to a source of water and swimming comes intuitively and naturally.