website statistics

South American Games 2018

vinipereira

hace 16 minutos, konig said:

And Argentina is fourth AGAIN in the medal count for a single gold medal.........i cant believe this, i dont imagine this scene before :facepalm:

Note: i must learn of Ldog and his realistic-pessimistic way to see our athletes.

I didn't get why you understimate Venezuela. Their sport doesn't really depend on their economy that much, it's always heavy state support and their government isn't really cutting spending like in Brazil or Argentina. 

Edited by LDOG

7 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I didn't get why you understimate Venezuela. Their sport doesn't really depend on their economy that much, it's always heavy state support and their government isn't really cutting spending like in Brazil or Argentina. 

Well, you are rigth like all the comunist countrys spend a lot in their sports but i remember the performance of Venezuela in the youth south american games and i think their disaster in the economy has some effect in their sports, my mistake, another thing is: Venezuela send most of their best athletes and Argentina didnt do it in some sports.

On 19/05/2018 at 20:10, vinipereira said:

I think it will be something like this:

1. Colombia

2. Brazil

3. Argentina

4. Venezuela

5. Chile

6. Ecuador

7. Peru

8. Paraguay

9. Uruguay

10. Panama or Bolivia (really don't know if they have many chances for gold)

Damn, Argentina, you screwed my predictions! :spank:

Spoiler

Although I have cheated for that 10th position.

10 minutos atrás, vinipereira disse:

Damn, Argentina, you screwed my predictions! :spank:

Mostrar conteúdo oculto

Although I have cheated for that 10th position.

I prefer ranking countries by total number of medals, so in my world Argentina finished third. Even though they lost in number of gold medals to Venezuela, in my opinion Argentina's performance left a much bigger impression than their performance in 2014.

I'm happy with Bolivia finishing in the top 10, and with a gold medal on the final day to close the Games perfectly. I'm also surprised with Argentina losing the gold medal in Modern Pentathlon to a duo of youngsters from Brazil. It's great to see this sport is not dead in Brazil after the retirement of (one of my favorite athletes ever) Yane Marques.

hace 18 minutos, thiago_simoes said:

I prefer ranking countries by total number of medals, so in my world Argentina finished third. Even though they lost in number of gold medals to Venezuela, in my opinion Argentina's performance left a much bigger impression than their performance in 2014.

I'm happy with Bolivia finishing in the top 10, and with a gold medal on the final day to close the Games perfectly. I'm also surprised with Argentina losing the gold medal in Modern Pentathlon to a duo of youngsters from Brazil. It's great to see this sport is not dead in Brazil after the retirement of (one of my favorite athletes ever) Yane Marques.

I don't get why our ukranian didn't compete in the mixed (one of many things i didn't understand in our delegation..)

I think that taking here the absolute best athletes in every sport (and assuming the other countries remain the same) we would have won 14-18 more gold medals (5 or 6 in swimming, 2 or 3 more in kayak, 4 in Basketball, 1 in mens rugby, 1 or 2 more in shooting and 1 or 2 more between equestrian/athletics/judo).

In 2014 we had the best athletes for everything that wasnt the team sports.

Edited by LDOG

So Evo Morales has promised a prize money for all the bolivian medalists. US$ 30.000 for the gold medalists, 20.000 for the silver medalists, and 10.000 for the bronze medalists. Bolivia won 4 gold, 15 silver and 15 bronze medals, so the sum surpasses half a million. With her 3 silver medals, swimmer Karen Torrez won US$ 60.000!

Conrrado Kevin Ortiz from Racquetball won 3 gold medals, but I suppose the prize is divided among teammates (so he should get 55.000?):

Singles: US$ 30.000
Doubles: US$ 15.000
Teams: US$ 10.000

9 minutos atrás, vinipereira disse:

So Evo Morales has promised a prize money for all the bolivian medalists. US$ 30.000 for the gold medalists, 20.000 for the silver medalists, and 10.000 for the bronze medalists. Bolivia won 4 gold, 15 silver and 15 bronze medals, so the sum surpasses half a million. With her 3 silver medals, swimmer Karen Torrez won US$ 60.000!

Conrrado Kevin Ortiz from Racquetball won 3 gold medals, but I suppose the prize is divided among teammates (so he should get 55.000?):

Singles: US$ 30.000
Doubles: US$ 15.000
Teams: US$ 10.000

It's nice for athletes to earn something, but I believe gold medalists should receive a lot more.

Curious thing: Aruna Reddy from India earned a bronze medal on vault at the Melbourne World Cup stage in artistic gymnastics this year, and the governor of her state paid her the equivalent to US$ 540,000.00. Diego Hypólito has won 69 medals at different World Cup stages according to his Instagram page, so imagine how rich he would have been if he lived in India. :lol: