website statistics

South American Games 2018

vinipereira

17 hours ago, Wallinson Luz said:

The organizing committee does not have much scheduling experience. It's a disaster. They should concentrate the gross of the medals on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, and not on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. This would improve the on-site and TV audience.

Couldn't agree more. With literally hundreds of events to go, they've picked only 4 sports to award medals today. Disappointing.

19 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

The Brazilian athlete who took bronze is 56 years old. Wow! I'm 34, so if I start now I still have 22 years to practice in this sport. :d:p

And she had a stroke at the 2008 Olympics, good on her to rebound from that!

Edited by intoronto

8 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

The Brazilian athlete who took bronze is 56 years old. Wow! I'm 34, so if I start now I still have 22 years to practice in this sport. :d:p

She was also the oldest athlete from our delegation in Rio 2016, I think.

Rhythmic gymnastics is about the start and this might be Bolivia's best chance ever to win an international medal in rhythmic gymnastics, and their best chance since 1994 to win a medal in gymnastics. It will be hard and they will have to rely on mistakes from other gymnasts (especially the Brazilians and Lina Dussan, from Colombia, and even the girl from Argentina), but Abastoflor from Bolivia could realistically win a medal here if everything goes her way.