website statistics

South American Games 2018

vinipereira

hace 6 minutos, thiago_simoes said:

Curious thing: Aruna Reddy from India earned a bronze medal on vault at the Melbourne World Cup stage in artistic gymnastics this year, and the governor of her state paid her the equivalent to US$ 540,000.00. Diego Hypólito has won 69 medals at different World Cup stages according to his Instagram page, so imagine how rich he would have been if he lived in India. :lol:

That's insane :wacko: 

It is also 470,000 usd more than what our government gave for a gold medal in rio 2016.

18 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

It's nice for athletes to earn something, but I believe gold medalists should receive a lot more.

For a competition of this level, I think the prize money is more than enough. I bet most medalists from other nations received a big 0 for their performances :p

After the successful organization of the South American Games, Cochabamba will bid for the 2027 Pan American Games.

After 2 editions in South America (Lima 2019 and Santiago 2023), I think Cochabamba can only win the right to host if no city from North or Central America is a candidate.

45 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

After the successful organization of the South American Games, Cochabamba will bid for the 2027 Pan American Games.

After 2 editions in South America (Lima 2019 and Santiago 2023), I think Cochabamba can only win the right to host if no city from North or Central America is a candidate.

Doesn't look likely unless Mexico steps up. 

3 hours ago, LDOG said:

They are in no way prepared to host a panamerican games. Would be a big step back in terms of standards for odepa to give it to them.

I agree, but I guess they can gain experience over time. The altitude is a real deal breaker, though. Many athletes suffered a lot during this competition - one brazilian swimmer almost passed out in a event and some table tennis athletes were vomiting. For a competition that act as Olympic qualification for many sports, this isn't ideal.