website statistics

South American Games 2018

vinipereira

6 hours ago, mrv86 said:

I think this will be a Colombia v. Brazil for first place, with the former having a slight advantage as they seem to be sending their best. Argentina could join the battle, but unlike the two other, I'm sensing they can't afford to lose many gold opportunities or else they will be relegated to third.

In another level, Venezuela should be safe in 4th place, followed by Ecuador, Chile and Peru.

The hosts could finish 8th, thanks to racquetball alone, plus some minor chances in race walk and shooting.

Is sad but posibly you are rigth.........im too optimistic sometimes.

56 minutes ago, konig said:

Is sad but posibly you are rigth.........im too optimistic sometimes.

Well, the only "problem" I see in Argentinian sports is that the focus seems to be in the team sports, neglecting to some extent funding individual disciplines... however, everything can happen any given day, so I can't count Argentina out of the fight yet :)

9 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Well, the only "problem" I see in Argentinian sports is that the focus seems to be in the team sports, neglecting to some extent funding individual disciplines... however, everything can happen any given day, so I can't count Argentina out of the fight yet :)

Its impossible to dont agree with your first part, in a very individual country, ironically, there are a big love for the team sports.

35 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Today Bolivia was defeated 0-32 against Venezuela and 0-35 against Argentina in Water Polo. Will we see other similar results for the host nation in team sports?

Probably 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela